Thread: Aldino Car Company

Aldino Car Company

Looks like The Aldino Car Company is looking for a new owner. Who knew they sold over 650 kits since inception? Pretty impressive by any standard.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bfs/5888214409.html

$75,000 asking price

Maybe 650 kits sold but far fewer actually built into running and driving cars

Lets just use their current complete kit price of $12,000 . $12,000x650=.........Wait for it......$7,800,000 in Revenue.

Regardless of how many have been built 650 is still an impressive number.Now of course I was not born yesterday and I would like to know how many of those 650 were sold over the past lets say 3 years. Im going to guess very few if any. Do I think its worth $75,000 ? I would say in more than all likelihood no. BUT at a very good deal it could be something that could be added to someones existing line if for nothing more than replacement parts.

Nice picture of the car pulling a wheelie!

Let's do it another way. They say over the last 25 years that 650 kits have been sold. That is exactly one car every two weeks for all of the last 25 years. I just had a conversation a few weeks ago with a Cobra manufacturer about how the fiberglass shop completely dictates the production capacity of the entire shop. That two week turn around time on the molds is simply not possible without a multi million dollar fiberglass shop running constantly for the last 25 years. Another odd part of this is that none of the better known and higher profile shops can come close to this volume or length of run. And one final thought, to sell a car every two weeks, there will be at least 100 enquiries that must be answered. Giving them each an hour of time, that is three full time salesmen required for the last 25 years.

I'm guessing the vast majority about 600
    Were sold in the 80s when they first came out ,
    and probably just 50 over the past twenty years following

442, I tend to agree with you but that just makes the numbers even harder to comprehend. Besides the incredible investment in molds and manpower to turn out a car every three days, now it is going to take 15 salesmen and the same number of phone lines. I wonder how many salesmen and lines that Factory Five has for all of its' kit models combined?
    Last edited by 76mx; 01-01-2017 at 09:07 PM.