Thread: WTB: Murci Engine Cover

WTB: Murci Engine Cover

I know Murci-me and Inland Exotics (supposedly a knock off of Murci-me's???) used to make these, but I can't seem to find anything.

I'm looking for something (anything) that would fit a 2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder since that's what this kit is based off.

Anyone have anything or know where I can get one?

It doesn't matter what your donor car is, but what body kit do you have? I still make engine covers, what parts do you need? Its cheaper (and looks a lot better) if you just use real throttle bodies, they are available on ebay for about $50 each.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Well....I technically don't own the car yet. I'm still negotiating and am close to locking in the deal, but this is definitely one of the first things I NEED to do before my friends and family all start asking me to "pop the hood"

I don't know who makes the kit, but this is an old (not the current eBay listing of the car): http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Replica...-/111958082188

You are going to need a lot of parts if you are going to make it look realistic to fool people. Plan on spending about $1500 for that.

I think I may have your contact info from years back, but PM it to me so we can discuss further.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by murcie-me View Post
    You are going to need a lot of parts if you are going to make it look realistic to fool people. Plan on spending about $1500 for that.
    But the ebay ad states: one of the best replicas done right!
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

You are going to need a lot more than engine cover to make that car fool people to think it's real. Plan on spending thousands on small details and paying someone to do it if you don't know how. That car has too many things that scream kit car.

Quote Originally Posted by AsantiLP View Post
    You are going to need a lot more than engine cover to make that car fool people to think it's real. Plan on spending thousands on small details and paying someone to do it if you don't know how. That car has too many things that scream kit car.
    Exactly, the last thing he should be worrying about is an engine cover.

I know I'm gonna need to do something with the tail lights and add paddle shifters, but what else is wrong with this one that I should take care of?

How about the perforated steel rear grilles? The dash pod is a complete joke, not even close to a Murcielago pod. The hand brake in the center console doesn't belong there, there are no control switches in the center console (window, hazard, gas door, front lift, sideview mirrors, ride control, etc), the stereo is way to small, the HVAC controls are way to big, the inner door handles are in the wrong place, there are switches on the dash that are a dead giveaway to it being a kitcar, the rear hatch looks very rough, the headlights are terrible and very poorly built, the seatbelts go the wrong way, there's lights on the sideview mirrors that shouldn't be there, and so on.
    Have you ever seen the real car? There are literally thousands of pictures online you can use to compare this car to and see what was done wrong. Remember, this car needs to look like a $400K car to fool people. Does it look like a fine precision built half million dollar car in person?
    If you saw the real car sitting in a parking lot and went over to look at it, wouldn't you look at every detail of the car? Remember, this is exactly what your friends and other people will be doing to this car when you have it out.
    Last edited by murcie-me; 02-08-2017 at 12:03 AM.