Thread: F430 Replica for sale.

Good luck with the sale
    Building F430 replica based on Toyota Celica 190 T Sport using kit provided by SRC Kit Cars, all advice gratefully received
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-kit-cars.html

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeLooney View Post
    Good luck with the sale
    Thank you Sir...

Yes, nice car. Been watching this from the start. Good luck with your sale. These things are so hard to sell for good money, don't jump through too many hoops as those people will waste your time. Someone truly interested won't ask you for your first born.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariXXXman View Post
    Yes, nice car. Been watching this from the start. Good luck with your sale. These things are so hard to sell for good money, don't jump through too many hoops as those people will waste your time. Someone truly interested won't ask you for your first born.
    Thanks. I'm having to take extra steps to make sure folks are legit and know what their bidding on. Why are so many folks playing games on eBay I do not know???

Quote Originally Posted by dominic355 View Post
    Thanks. I'm having to take extra steps to make sure folks are legit and know what their bidding on. Why are so many folks playing games on eBay I do not know???
    Yeah, I have successfully sold a few, but they sure are work. I remember last year when I was trying to sell my Testarossa, it seemed that there were people out there that had led me on, thinking they are going to purchase. After they won the auction, they never paid the deposit and gave a million excuses why the deposit can't be made. A couple weeks of this, I am at the end of the rope, and had to give them an ultimatum. Pay or be gone. No more excuses, no more videos, no more details about shipping, etc. They go away.
    Then because your car sold successfully, you are responsible for the 'final value fee' imposed by e-bay. After the two weeks, you will wait a couple more for e-bay to get in touch with the 'buyer'. You then must apply for a refund of the 'final value fee' so you can list your car again. This takes well over a month, and I think the people wasting time know this. I think it is completely intentional by a group of people that don't like replica cars. This happened to me three separate times. Unfortunately, if you want to sell on e-bay there is no other option than to try again. Don't let these people run you out of time, it can be hard to sell in the winter time. Good luck, nice car.

Thanks. I've sold several as well. I stay alert and on top of things.

Yes ebay is good and bad. I have sold a lot of vehicles on ebay with good luck. But my vaydor was bid up by a lowfeed back loser. Worst part, it was a realitive of a person from on this very forum playing games. So go figure. There everywhere in person on the internet flakes are flakes. I watch my auctions and block anyone bidding that has lower then 25 positive feedback. But at the final minutes of your auction new low feedback score bidders can sneak in and blow it up. But not one person I have blocked has ever sent me a email saying they couldnít bid on my auction. Thatís how I know they are just playing games. Good luck in the future on your auctions and sales