Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson F355 turnkey - 90% - for sale CHEAP

Watson F355 turnkey - 90% - for sale CHEAP

Hey all...

I just made an offer I can't believe to someone and I figured if I'm that hard up to sell this project, I might as well post it here for all of you to see...

I've got a John Watson/ AD Concepts F355 Coupe completely finished, with lots of authentic Ferrari parts like glass, seats, all lights and lenses, emblems and badges, wide track suspension, coil-overs, Koenig wheels/tires with Ferrari centers, etc, etc, etc... Over $10,000 worth of additions on a car in it's basic form is worth $15,000... That I was planning on completing and selling for around $30K.

As it turns out, I've got three, yes THREE, builds going on right now and one car coming in (a spider) that has no place in the shop to go. There is no way I'm putting a customer's car out on the curb during the NW Winter months so I can finish a side project for myself.

Consequently, someone made me a suggestion on the car I thought was pretty decent... A good condition 88 GT plus cash in trade for the car.

How much cash? That is the questions. I figured that $13K is a good number and still gives the new owner some incredible value. After all... a body kit for $8500, a GT Fiero for $2500, Mounting for $2000 (what John charges and John installed the body) and shipping from Georgia at around $1000 is already $14K. Let's see... $1000 in tail lamps, another $1400 in quater glass, some $600 in lenses, about $4000 in suspension, etc...

Anyway, I thought I'd post it.

DKOV -

Re:Watson F355 turnkey - 90% - for sale CHEAP

Anyone that is interested... drop me a line and let's make a deal

I have little time to prepare and I'm highly motivated

DKOV -
    dkov@pacifier.com
    DMS

DKOV,

You're killing me... You have all these nice deals but it's not a Spider. Anyway, how much is left to do? What drivetrain is it running? Man you're making this hard for me should I hold out for a Spider or jump on this deal. Hmm, maybe one of each... the wife would kill me if i tried that deal.

thanks,
    tom...

Since I don't have an 88gt... Would you consider an 87gt instead? If not - how much would you outright sell it for?

I hate to sound like a used car salesman or other moron but you could take the same approace I did... Buy it, finish it, sell it to fun another one.

The way I went at it was that I couldn't loose. Bought nearly finished for LESS than value with ALL The parts on it... If I weren't in a position of SPACE LIMITATIONS, I'd keep it. But I'd have to put it on the street in the weather or put one of the other cars out there. In fact, as you can see from the pictures, one car IS on the street now. Luckily the weather has held some but in Oregon and Washington.... they don't way we have webbed feet for nothing!

Let me paint the full picture... I have three F355s projects and one on the way here from John. Plus, I have two Fieros. My Supercharged Durango R/T as my daily, my Honda Accord run about and my Rally Car. All this with a two car garage, my 2200 square foot paint shop, one canvas RV Garage and a storage locker.

I have my eye on a 16,000 square foot building to move into but can't yet until the Red Cross is done leasing it for their fall blood drive.

Things needed to be done...

1 - Prep for paint and paint. Although the car has paint on it, the previous owner did a very poor job prepping the body and it needs done again. Not horrible bad, he just lightly sanded/scuffed and sprayed. He should have done more.

I can paint it too. Not a problem. Quesion is time and moving all the other cars around to handle it. If someone that is interested in the car WANTS it painted, I'll work it out. At that point, it's a customer car then and takes priority over my own projects.

2 - The Interior needs completed. It came with a F355 styled Interior but one that I thought was pretty lame. My intention was to install one of my SI Interiors in it. In fact, I went ahead and got it Upholstered and ready to install. I was waiting until AFTER the paint to install it. I've got $3000 wrapped up in it and it's a big consideration as to whether I want to invest another $3000 into the car.

If I build it to sell, then yes. Certainly. But if I am fire-selling it for room... probably not. Or it can be negotiated into the deal I suppose.

The other option is that I have the original Fiero Interior still to go back in it.

The exception is the door panels. It came with REAL F355 Door Panels. The passenger side was pretty beat up and in my opinion, unusable. I don't have the Fiero doors either.

The other reason for having the door panels off is that the door poppers have not been completely installed. They are bolted in but not wired up. Therefore, when you close the doors, there's no way back into the car unless you leave the windows down. THAT'S why it can't sit out in the rain.

Ont he UPSIDE, it does have real Ferrari Seats

All the lights and lenses are installed and perfect, so no work there. Windows are sealed and everything is solid. No body mounting work to be done either. Headlamps installed and working.

So... to recap... Needs paint, Interior (but it includes the Ferrari seats) and door poppers completed.

Mechanically it needs a new shifter cable and one of the Injectors needs a new seal. Beyong that, the car drives REALLY strong. It is a GT V6, 5 speed. Like I said, it also has the wide track and stretched axles, full poly and new coil overs (koni rear and Carrera front) with new springs all around.

Bottom line... It's a sweet car and a sweet deal. That's why I jumped on it. Unfortuantely, I did it at a time that I KNEW that was bad and didn't have the room or extra time to finish it. In fact, I still am working on MY Car when I'm not wrapped up in a customer's car. Ha... I haven't touched my own car in months!

The good news is that the winter months are coming and that leads to alot of indoor build time... I just need to get some of these projects out of the way for the customer jobs to get done and THEN... I get to work on MY car!!!

That's about it... somebody take advantage of me while I'm weak and overwhelmend. Truth is... if nobody takes it, I won't be destroyed... I'll just finish it and sell it for around $30+ grand this next summer. I'm not desparate but it would be nice to have it out of the way.

It would also be nice to see it go to one of you guys and have yet another completed Watson car on the road.

By the way, I've not advertised it anywhere but here on this forum.

Best,

DKOV -

Quote Originally Posted by DKOV
    I hate to sound like a used car salesman or other moron
    lol Hey, I used to be a car salesman - did it for only 4 months, then moved and got a different job. lol ;D

DKOV -

That is an incredible deal in my opinion. If I had the cash available, you could put the sold sticker on it. Unfortunately, right now I do not. You dont own a financing company too do ya? LOL ;D

I wish I did... it would really open up my client list

Keep playing the Lotto... you never know

It IS a good deal. So good I wish it was ME buying it!!!

And to make matters worse, I just went out and bought a new Rally Race Car last night!!! Now where in the WORLD am I going to put THAT one? LOL!!!

DKOV -

good looking car dkov,ill never understand why anyone would want a 355 spyder,im a convertible freak,and 99 percent of all cars look better as convertibles ,but a 355 looks so much better as a coupe,the roof is absolutely gorgeous,do you have any free samples,lol