Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: All your complete Ferrari/Lambos

Wanted: All your complete Ferrari/Lambos

Hi,

I am interested in buying your turnkey Ferrari/Lambos. My brother bought a Lambo Roadster last month based on the advise of Ari and others from this great site ;D Anyways, our friends were so impressed, they all (almost all) want one. There are just a few guidelines:

- Must be a complete turnkey (no uncomplete projects)
    - Must be a registered car in Canada (prefer in Alberta because I am located in Calgary).
    - Mechanically sound
    - Automatic Transmission
    - Kit must be very nice (color is not important as long the kit is properly installed, etc..).
    - Reasonably priced

Lastly, if you are not in Calgary, you must be willing to drive down to show it to us. We are not here to waste your time. You will be dealing directly with my brother or myself. If we see the pics and we are interested in it and we agree on the pricing, we will buy the car immediately upon mechanical inspection and buy you a plane ticket home.

PS. On a side note, I am still looking for a 355 Spider for myself. If you have one for sale, feel free to drop me a line. Thanks

Phil

tradephil7@yahoo.com

Re:Wanted: All your complete Ferrari/Lambos

a lambo with an auto... yuck, what's the point.

personally i wouldn't build a kit unless it performed equally as well as the real thing, or better. i'd also never own a sports car that was not a stick.

just my two coppers

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechn
    a lambo with an auto... yuck, what's the point.

personally i wouldn't build a kit unless it performed equally as well as the real thing, or better. i'd also never own a sports car that was not a stick.

just my two coppers
    Its all about personal choices.
    Someone might be happy driving a 4 cyl/auto that looks like a Ferrari or Lambo.
    Others want the car to be as close as possible & will spend the money.
    The difference is; one is a rebody, the other is a replica.

I drive a V6 auto Lambo and never once I sceen anyone turn up their nose because it was an auto instead of a stick.... They were to busy drewing over the car..... What car do you drive Leprechn?

ive got a 512 with v6 auto.,and i hate to shift gears

Quote Originally Posted by F355Fanatic
    Lastly, if you are not in Calgary, you must be willing to drive down to show it to us. We are not here to waste your time. You will be dealing directly with my brother or myself. If we see the pics and we are interested in it and we agree on the pricing, we will buy the car immediately upon mechanical inspection and buy you a plane ticket home.
    Well, when I read this I had to laugh. I'm sorry, but, I'd have to be a really hard-up seller to drive across the country for you & your friends to inspect my car, and, perhaps, you might buy it! If I couldn't sell it near me, it must be a POS to start with! Most 'out-of-town' car buyers usually do their homework/research 1st, and then THEY travel to the sellers' area to make the purchase!
    my .02
    Sandy
    BTW: Mine's a 5spd!

Especially when you are talking about our cars
    Blood sweat and tears go into making these cars.
    If someone wanted to buy my lambo...they would have to come to nj and buy me lunch and dinner while i considered weather they were wothy of owning her....
    lol
    my two cents
    ps. many kits are constructed with auto trans because when you are putting in as much money as we are to fabricate and rebody these cars...the last thing you want to deal with is wear and tear items like a clutch...and by the way leprechan...ever change a clutch in a fiero yourself...its a pain in the @#$%&. Besides Rodney Dickman made a stickshift for the auto that makes it look just like a stick.

guys, let's not turn this into an auto vs stick thread, because all of us real drivers know a stick is the only way to go :P

Kinda5150
    love the name...big fan of the VanHalen album by the same name...
    However, I would agree with your statement if we werent talking about kitcars built on fieros.
    Lets face facts....I know many people on here opt to not only make the car look the part of an exotic...but also try to make the car perform like one.

Not happening. While I appreciate the knowledge and talent that many fabricators have on this forum...there is no way your fiero is ever going to live up to the expectations of the original cars being replicated period. At least not without spending the equivalent or sometimes even more money then the exotics themselves.

I love my cars to look the part...and prefer an automatic that looks to be a stick because my kits are still on 86 and 85 fieros.
    My solution....buy a third generation RX-7 twin turbo. The car is a beast on the track and outperforms many of the exotics replicated here on this site. My car can hop from 0-60 in an awe-inspiring 4.9 seconds while handling .99gs on the skidpad. You would have to spend at least 150,000 to achieve these benchmarks from a realativley stock car. So in this case I would say you need to have a stick in a car like this. In a fiero...ill take the automatic.

just my two cents

cowans, you are entitled to your opinion if you read my post carefully, you would see that I said "prefer in Alberta" so one would not really drive "ACROSS the country" now would they...lol

Anyways, to the rest, come on boys, let's keep this thread clean.

My friends are specific about one thing, they want an automatic transmission. It's mostly for their wives..so go figure ;D