Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Countach main body-only for sale in NY

Countach main body-only for sale in NY

I bought a countach body about two years ago. It's a Non-stretch, I think it looks like one of the non-stretch IFG kits. I only have the main body shell. I bought it with the hopes of buying the rest of the parts (doors and lids) from the original owner, which hasn't panned out yet. These parts are in a storage tractor trailer, and the owner can't get to them, until he buys a new location for his business. I'll probably never see these parts. If someone doesn't want to spend a lot on getting into a kit car, this might be something to look at. All of the panels that are missing, are basically flat, and could be made. The missing panels are the doors, front trunk, and rear hatch. The front bumper is molded into this body. Personally, I wouldn't put the time into it. I think I may have pictures of the body already, just have to find them, otherwise, I'll have to dig it out of the snow. I am looking for any offers, and I'm located in Hudson, NY. About 30 miles south of Albany(up-state NY).
    Hudson, NY

Re:Countach main body-only for sale in NY

Hopr the picture goes through, only have the body, it's not on a car anymore.
    Hudson, NY

Sorry, no front bumper on this body either, thought it had one.
    Hudson, NY

Too bad you don't have anything else for sale more worthwhile to work on....I'm pretty close to you in Dutchess County but I'm not looking for a Lambo kit, especially an incomplete one...Sorry...

Did you find a F355 kit yet?? Have you started working on one??

Best of luck with it....maybe on eBay might generate some more interest..

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

VK, Yeah, it's too bad I didn't get more parts, but I figured someone might want to play with it, or may have the same lambo, and want the extra parts laying around, in case of any damage. Yes, I have two 355 kits here. They have been here for about two years or more. I have the convertable sold, and I am going to do the hardtop for myself. I hope to be starting it within the next four weeks. Where are you located? What kits have you done so far? I did an exact bodied countach, at least I did about 75 percent, and sold it(had the drivetrain done, and the body hung, door swinging). I enjoy building more, but it would be nice to have something finished! I also did about4 or 5 ferrari 328 rebodies. One to paint, the others were in complete stage, without paint. Now I have parts collected for this 355 kit, I have a 97 3800sc, all the real parts I need(lights and windows), two front rims, still need two rears,and about 10 fieros. Now I just need time!
    bob
    Hudson, NY

Hey Bob, thanks for the reply

I have not done any replica yet :) I've always been interested in building something nice and unique but I can never find the time....Most of my free time I fix Porsche cars and sell them to people...So I'm good with mechanical and electrical work on cars but never attempted to do any body work...I bought a paint gun last year but haven't used it yet...I currently working on several project 928 cars and hoping to sell them in the spring.

I live in Pok - not too far from Hudson...I think it's about 30 min. drive. I would love to see any of your projects up close and take a look at the work you do on them...The F355 build should be a fun project to do. Others have build some really good looking cars in here...

http://www.geocities.com/baisden44/1...front_view.jpg

Vasilis K.

Yeah, your probably about 45 minutes away, not too far, I have always like the 928's. You have a a few that your working on now? What years? When I get to the kit again, you can come up and take a look. Everything has been just sitting for a while. I used to do the 328 ferrari rebodies, and did one countach. The paint/body work is pretty easy. I do fiberglass work too. I have done my own kit, and the bodies for upstate super replicar, out of latham. I haven't done any for him in the past year, either he hasn't sold any, or found someone else, I don't think he has been selling anything though. He does the daytona coupe. You can probably find his site through google. The red car is one of my bodies. He bought out contempary a few years back. He built the car up, and it's his new demo. It was on the kit car cover last year, but a small picture of it. I did most of the body work, and was going to shoot it too, but I didn't have time, so he knew another guy. They worked for like 30 hours straight, trying to get it in color a few years ago, days before carlisle. Do you go to the carlisle show? I'm going this year. I tried your site, it said it wasn't up.
    bob
    Hudson, NY

Hey Bob

Your hobby sounds very interesting and fun. I'd love to learn how to do bodywork or work with fiberglass...Let me know when i can take a ride to talk to you in person...Thanks for the info on the Upstate Super Replicar...I'll check them out.

I know someone who lives (or used to live) in Hudson...Kevin Shufelt...Know him?? We used to work together...

Here's a photo of a couple of my cars...

Vasilis K.

Nica cars! I really like those 928's, what do they go for? I like those, and the 911. I did some work on a 911 race car, the guy had a few hundred thousand into the car. The body alone was over 30K. That car started out as a real slant nose. I saw the real panels layingon the floor! He sold those panels. It was a cool car. He ended up selling off that car, and buying a brand new 911 race car straight from porsche. I saw the car with the window sticker still in the window, it was 1 or 6 cars imported into the US! I'll post a photo of my 328 kit, but I'm not home this weekend. They are nice cars you have. My friend bought a 944 through me at a wreck auction, it not a bad car, nicer than the 924. As long as you have a place where you can paint, it's easy, time consuming, but easy. I can give you some pointers.
    bob
    Hudson, NY

Vasilis, email me your phone numbr, or email address, so I can contact you sometime. I'm down your way on wednesdays, because of the newburgh auto auction, would like to stop by and look at your cars if your home during the day...bob
    My email is rsitser@surferz.net
    Hudson, NY