Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 5 speed shifter and linkage for a Getrag

WTB: 5 speed shifter and linkage for a Getrag

I am doing a 4 speed Muncie to a 5 speed Getrag swap along with my Northstar swap this month. I got the transaxle I just need the rest of the swap.
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Re:WTB: 5 speed shifter and linkage for a Getrag

Sounds like you need the shifter, Cable mounts for the transaxle, new cables and the short slave cylinder on the Getrag.

Rodney Dickman might be able to help you with this project He has short shifters (like a Ferrari shaft), the short shift arms for the transaxle (controls the shifting and shortens the ratio, cables (different than 4 speed and more than likely should be replaced) and knob for the shifter (little black knob that fits on top of the shifter). The other parts might be available from the bone yard.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

If you were going with the Isuzu I could help you. None of my parts cars are Getrags though...
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Fiero-Performance.com&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

The shifter in the car is the same for all 5-speed cars. Maybe that will help?

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I'm not sure how much of a differnce ther is between the 5 speed Isuzu and the Getrag other than I need the Getrag to do the swap only because of where the shift cables are located. So if anyone can share "KNOWN" info. for this please help.
    I think the shifter is the same for both 5 speeds right?
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Shifter setup in the cab of the car is the same for all 5 spds but the shift cables and mounting on the Getrags are different than on the Isuzu from what I have seen and read.

I have the Isuzu 5spd I am swapping from a 4 spd in my kit and I have obtained cables and shifter assembly but still working on the mounting part for the transaxle. I'll need the new clutch slave as well for the 5 spd.

If you go to Rodney's site and it explains a whole bunch there about what is the same and different.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I guess calling Rodney is the best bet, as far as getting info. goes. Has anyone have:
    1. a 5 speed shifter I can buy
    2. Getrag cables

I've got the 5-speed shifter in one of my parts cars...
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Fiero-Performance.com&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

How much? E-mail me.

I bought the shifter and the cables, I just need the mounts now, can any help with those?