Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay 512...

Ebay 512...

Anyone with info on this Ebay kit?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...479495649&rd=1

Looks a little rough, but if the price is right....

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Re:Ebay 512...

i looked at it last night, the car looks pretty good.that picture sucks,but it looks like the doors are cut right at the rear arpeture[with the angle]i only know of 2 outfits that cut the door correctly,ck3 and creative and both made a good set of panels.one of those outfits seperated the rockers and one didnt,and i cant remeber which didnt,but the rockers on the ebay car dont look seperated.i would love to have it at a bargain if either of these 2 companies manufactured it.i think creative seperated the rockers ,but it could be vice versa.if i wasnt broke id check into it,carsfrommars has bid on it twice,he usually bids on the good stuff

Thanx for the info Mike. The owner replied to my email, but he doesn't know the manufacturer. He got the kit from a relative, but without the manual. It's been pretty much sitting since.
    Too, bad the top is chopped, because I'd rather have a coupe. If the bidding doesn't get too high, I might take a stab at it.
    Do you know who carsfrommars is? Seems like you look at a lot of these auctions if you know the name.

no rcr,i dont know who carsfrommars is,i just see his name as a bidder on a lot of kits and vete stuff on ebay.it would be easy enouugh to convert back to a coupe,it would be a matter of obtaining a roofpanel and decklid,i can help you with those two pieces .if its a creative or ck 3 it would be worth buying especially if it was a bargain.trs definitely look better as aa coupe.i wish someone would confirm if its a ck3 or creative,ive never had either .the panels look decent to me

Well, let's see if this works out, as of now, I'm high bidder. I have asked for more pics and whether the rockers a seperate. Hopefully the owner gets to me.

Mike, if I do win, I'll be in contact about the roof section. It's probably a little early seeing I haven't won it yet, but I am interested. I'm also interested in your 355 style nose piece and possibly that video since it has no instruction

im just about through with the video,it hasnt turned out as good asi had hoped,i kinda got sidetracked into showig how i did other things,such as making taillamp pockets for my hamann style taillamp panel.i wish i would have worn some nicer clothes,its not a real professionial made film,i suck at being a movie star.everybody ive showed it to says they understand how to lengthen the chassis and raise the rear section so the roofline wil look correct.im seperating the rockers right now and im putting some details on the video about basic fiberglassing techniques.ive got 40 minutes of footage now,id like to put about 20 more minutes on there of tr build footage,if you can im me your mailing info ,i will send youthe first 20 minutes or so of the film,i havent edited the last part yet,but id like to see what somebody i dont know thinks about it,ive edited out just about everything i didnt like,but therer is one scene in the frame lengthening section where i scratch my butt and its in a critical part of the process and it has to be in the film,everybody laughs when they see it . if you get that kit ill help you in any way i can

;D ;D ;D

Thanx Mike, I really appreciate it. The wife's been itching to take the family back to the Smokey Mountains, so maybe a side trip is in order.

I'll send you over my info...

Bob

PS The rockers are not seperated, and the thing on the front is a tow bar.

i just looked at it again,with 3 hours and 28 minutes left your the high bidder,i hope you get it.i had hoped someone on here could positively identify the mfr.

:'( :'(
    I lost....It went for almost $1900, a bargain for sure, but I couldn't justify the price with so many questions unanswered. I couldn't spend that sight unseen.

Good luck to the new owner, hopefully they drop on by.

:-\

well you tried ,i was scared of it ,but the panels looked correct,the one picture was to bad to spend that kind of money on.did carsfrommars end up with it,or that nexus1 get it,those 2 are always on top of the better stuff