Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 355 tires and wheels for sale

355 tires and wheels for sale

5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Re: 355 tires and wheels for sale

That looks like a good buy for someone if you can get them for under $2500. New tires for the rear sell for $360 each if you go with Pirelli OEM stuff. Duane Cox knows a place where you can get them refinished for $150 per wheel. Center caps are about $45 each from a Ferrari dealer. Looks like the bolt in valve stems are installed on the rims, the valve stems cost about the same as the center caps. A good place to get the caps is T-Rutlands in Tucker, Georgia.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Dave,
    Would you happen to know if the ferrari wheels are a 5x112mm bolt pattern? I have a Held Slalom front suspension with 115mm bolt circle and my three piece ferrari wheels dont fit :'(.

Bob

don't quote me on this but i thought the ferrari wheels were 5x108mm.

toms...

they are 5x108
    you are right

Thanks Toms and Duane. Would you happen to know if held makes a hub and 13" brakes with a 108mm pattern? I would assume they do since I am not the only guy intending to use OEM wheels on his kit. Thanks for the help.

Bob

Bob:

I wish they would make Held suspension parts with 5/108mm. I think the challenge is in the hubs. They can drill any bolt circle in the rotor hats. I have my hats rdilled for 5/108mm. I also welded up my front hubs to re-drill the 108mm bolt circle on to the hub face. Then I ran into another problem with the wheel offset placing the wheel to far inbound. I now have 3/4 inch spacers on the car to push the wheel out until I figure out what to do. On the rear, the Ferrari wheel is far too wide to direct bolt it to the hub. I have a +3 rear suspension with a 2 inch spacer on the hub to get the wheel to fit under the car properly. In addition I moved the shock inbound another 2 inches to keep the rim from hitting the shock. Yep, lots of things to work out. I even thought about putting another set of front wheels on the rear to correct the problem.

So to answer your question based upon my experience with Ryane/Held brakes and suspension is no, they do not offer it. But you can do it your self. I have a Slalom front suspension with Corvette hubs on the suspension, 12 inch Wilwood brakes. Weld up the holes in the hub and have a machine shop install the new bold pattern and studs in the hubs, drill the rotors to fit the bolt pattern. Remember 3 inch long studs if you using Ferrari wheels.

Dave

When using the F355 wheels, there is a difference in Offset that you need toa ccount for as well. This difference translates to Bearing Stresses on the stock Fiero Hubs so you WANT to correct it anyway. The GOOD news is that it works in your favor.

The Front hubs need an additiona (roughly) 3/4 inch to bring the bearing loads back to center while the rear needs 1 1/4 inch. This is enough to use an adapter to change the wheel pattern from 5x100 to 5x108 without showing the adapter or negatively affecting the safety of the hubs.

I use this setup with the HMS or DMS brake kits in 11.6 to 13.6 inch rotors. They REALLY olok good together. The big brakes make the F355 wheels look like they are on a Challenge Car.

I also have used a 1.5 inch drop spindle in the fronts. I wouldn't go any lower and in retrospect, would prefer a 1 inch drop spindle to give myself a bit more room for deflection. 2 inch drop spindles will grind your wheels.

Best,

DKOV -

I am looking for one rear rim for a 355. I have the other 3 of them. My goal is to get the set complete and sell them on eBay. Please let me know if you run across one.

Regards,

Dave

They went for just under $1700, and they were local to me. >

Figures, deals like these only come along when I don't have the dough to spend.