Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new v-8 conversion for 3 inch stretch!!!!!!!

new v-8 conversion for 3 inch stretch!!!!!!!

Hi everybody
    If anyones looking to lose that ugly side ways engine please contact me. Im starting to put my
    new kit on the market for a V-8 to fit straight in the engine well. with an even better frame support whats cool is it also allows more HP and better handling. prices are still being set, but first couple will go cheap!!!!!!. the kit includes all metals and a very user freindly manual. also my 355 kit is the first one with it and she handles better than my 1999 skyline gtr. I you have any questions please reply.the kits vary. KIT A comes with adapter plate and flywheel and all engine mounts. KIT B comes with same as kit a but front engine plate,for belt drivin items.
    Im extremly excited to share this amazing set up with you. and yes we use a chevy 350
    we are currently working on other engine setups. more info in future. please contact me via
    e-mail at Jlestien_dego@yahoo.com

Re: new v-8 conversion for 3 inch stretch!!!!!!!

How about some photos?

Out of curiosity what transaxle setup are you using? The diablo people use audis (audi 5000?) but there wouldnt be enough space in the 3" stretch for that.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

;D I would be very interested....However, I would like to see pictures and price...

Thanks,
    Carl

This sounds like mostly a puff of smoke. Nice dream, but in reality, Bob has it figured out. The Audi is too long if used with the OEM 355 wheelbase. The drive shafts would have to be angled forward, and I think the transaxle would stick through the rear bumper.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I do think a V6 out of a Chrysler 300 M might work with a V8 attached to it.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I agree, I would love to see it but I have a Diablo with the engine slammed into the firewall and the 915 tranny hangs out the back. I have 8 more inches than a 3" stretch. Bottom line the engine would have to move 8 inches forward of where mine is to work in a 3" stretch. So pictures please, faith is reserved for Jesus.

Either way, the Ferrari is a great kit because it can be done on a budget, going longitudinal adds at least $5000 and tons of complexity to the build. Also, people always say "yeah but if you open the hood, it is a dead giveaway if your engine is mounted transversely" - what a joke! How many people have seen under the hood of a Ferrari and remember what it looks like. And really, how people that are motor heads are not going to recognize a 350 SBC even if it has fake stickers on it.

The V-8 mounted transversly can be done easily but the only problem is, is that you will be stuck with an automatic transmission. If you want a stick then your only option is using a corvair set up which is only a 4-speed muncie (atleast the reverse will be in the right place). the transmissino you can get for about $800.00 at Kragen but good look finding the box that connects the 2 axles, engine and transmission.

Here is some info

And if you want a 5 speed check out this link http://members.tripod.com/aboxer/

I forgot. Getting a 80's 350 engine is actually shorter by 2 in. Also if you are think about this set-up expect to cut 2 in. to 3 in. into the firewall after the stretch.

If I'm not mistaken, the Corvair engine spun in the opposite direction from all the other domestic engines of the time. Plus the highest HP the Corvair ever came with was 150 on a handful of turbo cars and the parts were weak at best.