Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: white seatbelts?

white seatbelts?

anybody know where I can get white seatbelts (w/o me having to paint them)

I want shoulder & lap style not racing harnesses

I was trying to get one out of an anniversary vette with the white interior or even a fiero formula that had the white interior but struck out with both of those...the old chevys that had white interiors only had the lap belts...

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Eric

Re: white seatbelts?

Quote Originally Posted by red328gtb
    I was trying to get one out of an anniversary vette with the white interior or even a fiero formula that had the white interior but struck out with both of those...the old chevys that had white interiors only had the lap belts...
    I have never seen a fiero formula that had the white interior...

Why would you want white? I white seat belt would get so dirty so fast!!!
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

my entire interior is white...and it looks awesome...and how often do you think you drive a countach...its not an everyday driver and I don't think your getting in it after playing football in the park.

obviously im looking for white cause thats what I want.

If anyone can help in there response i would appreciate it.

Sorry! I was just thinking about dust collecting on it "inside the little grooves" nevermind and good luck!
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

I think black would look good too since you have black carpet and black badges.. but you are right, it is your car... And you'd be in the same spot. Black seatbelts never came in a Fiero either...

I'm kinda in the same place too. I'm looking for other GM cars that came with black belts that will fit into a Fiero to go with our new tan and black interior. No luck yet. I'll let you know if I find anything else that will fit. What I did for the time being just to get belts in the car was to go to a junkyard and find a good set of belts in the color I wanted and pull them all the way out and cut them off.. Then I pulled the Fiero belts all the way out and cut them off about 6 inches from the end. And I just took a needle and thread and sewed my new color belts on.. Took me about 45 minutes to do both side... No, they are not really as safe as before but I'm not a big advocate of mandatory seatbelts anyway.. I just put them in there to have something to pull across my shoulder if I see a cop ahead.. (In the meantime I'm still looking for how Big Brother can justify making it illegal for me not to wear a seatbelt.)
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Fiero-Performance.com&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

Songman...

thanks for the input
    I would consider going with black if I have to. I think it would still look great. Im with you on the seat belt laws. I really only want them to complete the replica look...people always say wow no seatbelts?

let me know if you find something and ill do the same.

Gsx....no problem by the way didnt mean to get pissy lol

Eric

I had some custom seat belts made at an upholstery shop here in Florida. They don't like to do it but there is no law preventing the process. Most shops have access to the correct fabric. They followed the same procedure as Songman mentioned. The attached the new belts (in my case, black) to about 8 inches of the old belt on the winder. They put a special "X" stitch in it surrounded by a square to hold it in place. The webbing was stronger than the OEM Fiero stuff form 1986. It cost me in the neighborhood of $50 to get it finished.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.