Thread: WTB Kit and Car

WTB Kit and Car

Hi,
    I am new to the KitCar, and am looking at getting into doing a Kit Car (to keep me out of the house over the next few years!!). I have a dilemma, regarding where to start.. I have spent the last month getting my garage ready for the project, painting the floor, walls, buying tool's and getting prepared for the upcomming adventure.
    My dilemma is 1. What kit to buy 2. what donor to buy.

I have looked at a 86GT with 192,000km 6cyl, 4sp with just power window's $1800.00 there is a bit of rust in the trunk and on the rails but the guy has done brakes.

The other car is 86 base 4cyl 92,000km 5spd with nothing $1,100.00... but no air, windows or mirror's NOT a spec of rust anywhere on the car it was owned by an older guy 60+ and say's he never drove it in the winter..

3rd is a 3/4 completed kit witch includes alot of stuff for what he is asking..

I would like to do a Ferrari 355 kit so I would end up changing the motor and susp brakes ect..

does anyone have any advice on what or where i should start.

The kit I am looking at is from a Carlos in Milton I have only heard good things about him and his kit he is asking around $7000.00 But havn't had a chance to talk to someone that has completed it

There is also another kit from Udo in Kitchener for about $8500 does anyone know anything about these two kit's?

Lastly.... If someone is selling a good donor car 6cyl, 5spd, Air, window's and mirror's for a reasonable price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rob

Re: WTB Kit and Car

I would strongly, strongly recomment buying a car thats already gone through the engine conversion....

it will save you so much time and money in the long run.

Also if you find an 88, all you really need to do to the susp is put in urethane bushings and youre all set.

I almost learned the hard way.

Why don't you contact Glenn Goodman or Ari on this forum. They bothe have running cars in various states of completion that might be a good start for you. Another choice is to contact John Watson in Tennga, Georgia for a new Air Dynamics kit mounted on a good Fiero donor. He is in Tennga, Georgia 706-328-3311.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

FunnyWheels,
    Does John Watson have a web site? And I tried looking for Glen Goodman but can't seem to find him.. any sugestion's.
    I did go and look at Ari's kit.
    Thanks for the advice.
    R

Rob,
    John's stuff is on powerhousesports.net
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

Quote Originally Posted by kw kit
    FunnyWheels,
    * Does John Watson have a web site?* And I tried looking for Glen Goodman but can't* seem to find him.. any sugestion's.
    I did go and look at Ari's kit.
    Thanks for the advice.
    R
    John does not have a web site. He is old school and uses the phone only method. He can be reached at 706-328-3311. There are at lease 6 Air Dynamics builds going on within this site if you need photos and information.

Best of luck,

Dave

KWkit,
    I do have a F355 for sale, you can email me at mypantera@aol.com or visit my website http://www.angelfire.com/ri2/ferrari_spyder/index.html

Glenn

Good luck bringing anything like this across the border ..
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

Glenn,
    Thanks but I would like to buy local, just in case i get in over my head and need to pay someone to finish what I have started... ???

If Glenn's car is out, then contact Ari.

We need some people finishing some of these cars out there.

Dave