Thread: 360 kit for sale

360 kit for sale

Is this the 360 kit that has been the talk of the forum for the past year? If so, that is a great way to get nabbed by ferrari selling it like that on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=7251
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Re: 360 kit for sale

Thats the kit that is from Germany, and the reason why no one has bought one is that the panels shown at the shows vs the alledgedly delivered ones varied widely. Basically it's been said that the kit was bad quality, unlike the car shown, and alot of people have been afraid to import or were driven off by the reports. :
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

you know i was thinking the same thing....

they wont be around for long...I know for a fact that if Ferrari goes after 355 makers, a 360 maker wont have a chance....

They probably have so much money tied up in the kit that they have to take that chance.....

If it were a more reasonable price, not to mention shipping from Germany, I would buy one and make a custom tube chassis to fit it. Body work is my specialty, so I always jump on the low cost projects that others are too afraid to tackle. Every single vehicle I own has a reconstructed title and was purchased with a salvage title, so poor quality fiberglass is not the end of the world for me if the price is right. If it was $4500, I would buy it sight unseen.

Does anybody have photos of the actual panels that are in poor shape?

Actually when dsilva went to see the panels, and the built car at a UK show he was impressed by them, and the quality of the kit itself. The bad press about the quality came from EVOLUTION, who was the UK dealer but was dropped, so could well be the case of trying to put spanners in the works as no longer involved!

hmm well then go for it

few people here would sacrifice an mr2 for this, so a custom chassis seems right on the money. judging my the 360 manual's chassic pics, it should be pretty easy to do. also, if you need to look at a 360 chassis, just peek in the engine bay through the porthole, and the chassis (and welds) will be fairly obvious.

the 360 is basically a high budget high quality custom car that's made constantly, so it's not revolutionary lotus-style aluminum chassis design.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

if your going to go the route of custom chassis, etc. then you should look into getting the panels done yourself, as this kit is something like 11cm shorter than the original, and 5cm narrower. With the price the kit would cost you (probably around $12-13,000 after shipping it wouldnt be too much more to have someone make up some new molds!

that e-bay ad looks a bit fishy as he has lifted the photos from the donnigton kit car show and photoshop it, also the guy's from germany have been up front about selling them on this forum so anyone of us can get his e-mail and buy from him direct. there is also a 360 kit project for sale at the moment in the uk, it's the mr2 doner car with the bucks and moulds for 25,000, it's the same kit . so you can produce your own kits....maybe a bit too expensive for you guy's on the other side of the alantic..
    it's on www.mirrorfinishuk.net