Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 355 coupe regretfully for sale

355 coupe regretfully for sale

Due to financial stress from building the sport bike project I must sell my 355 coupe :'(. It is complete and even has mirrors, headlight lids, and clear euro turn signals included 8). The rear deck lid has been drilled to accept the OEM Ferrari script badge and is already straight and finished in red. I was working on one panel at a time. The body is very straight and not that bad with body work needed. The sail panels are pretty accurate as well. It has corvette tail lights in it now but one of them is missing.

This coupe is 38" off of the ground as shown in the photos, and with 4-5" ground clearance it will stand at about 43" mounted on my rolling chassis!! It is also 80" wide at the rear wheel wells. That is low and wide!! I LOVE it because my massive 335/30/18's on 18x12.5" rims fit out back without any needed wheel spacers or suspension mods.

The rear tail light panel is one piece with the rear clip but it is the exact same shape and size as my OEM Challenge grill. I planned on cutting it out on the body line and installing my challenge grill. The front grill is cut open to help with cooloing my monster V8 build. My OEM fog lights and ferrari headlights fit into this body as well.

I was told this kit was one of the first kits from Ron Larson at www.coolcustomcars.com when I bought it a few years back.

I have an 8.5'x26' enclosed trailer and would be willing to deliver from my home in Erie, PA for a fee.

This would be a great cheaper starter kit to get somebody into the kit car scene. I dont want to get rid of it, but I really need to get out of debt real fast here!!

I was listing it here first before I resort to eBay, and I am cool with working out a deal or agreement with somebody here on the forum. I would like to see $4000 for all of the body panels, headlight lids, MIRRORS, and CLEAR euro turn signals. I also have an '87 SE V6 donor chassis that is very stripped down that this body was mounted to. I may be willing to include for free if I get any takers.

Clear lenses installed.
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Re: 355 coupe regretfully for sale

sorry to hear this, i thought you were doing good with both projects but it seems the bike was much more than planned :'(
    at least the bike has much more sentimental value than the 355 kit, and the 355 can be replaced later
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMX
    sorry to hear this, i thought you were doing good with both projects but it seems the bike was much more than planned :'(
    at least the bike has much more sentimental value than the 355 kit, and the 355 can be replaced later
    Thank you for your shared sorrows :-[. That is exactly my plan. I have had over $15,000 of chrome work done in the past few months. That bike means so much more to me and I may be able to get a new 355 project late next summer if finances permit. That is why I am hanging on to all of my OEM ferrari items for now.

Are you selling your massive 335/30/18's on 18x12.5 with the kit or ? And will they fit the feiro bolt pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by kw kit
    Are you selling your massive 335/30/18's on 18x12.5 with the kit or ? And will they fit the feiro bolt pattern?
    The rims are actual Ferrari wheels which are 5x108mm I believe. The wheels are not included with the body kit. There is over $4000 in tires and wheels alone.

I've recieved a couple PM's asking about the sport bike project. The bike progress is shown in the link below if you have not seen it yet. Thanks for the support you guys!

http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=3954.0

Any takers? You can give me a reasonable offer, I probably wont refuse it :. It is not that bad of a looking kit is it? I also accept donations incase anybody was wondering ;D. Just kidding.

I need funds bad, any reasonable offer wont be refused....Come on down

I had to stop riding this year too. I got caught red handed by a cop in a bank drive through doing a wheelie standing on the seat. That was citation number 13 since May 12th. It was five points on my lisence and a $391 fine for wreckless endangerment. It got to that point where there was a cop every morning about one mile from my home and he would tail me all the way into town. How fun is it to ride a ZX6R 30 MPH?? I have some of my bike stuff on eBay right now. When those items sell next week I will most likely be putting my car on there too.

I thought I would have better luck than you because yours is way more complete than mine. I just thought somebody with a small budget would like to get into the kit car scene pretty cheap with my car.

Well they do have a good reason for the laws: someone has to clean up after a bike hits a wall at 110 or 130, and it's the cops/paramedics/everyone else involved.. :'(
    It happens all the time and those that crash always claim they are perfectly safe until it happens (not suggesting either of you would). It's like smoking, drinking, and gambling..
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Quote Originally Posted by CARBUILDER
    do us all a favor .. take the bus
    I said earlier that I had to hang up the helmet and stop riding this year for that exact reason. I started to become over confident and nothing would scare me on the bike. But now I have a little girl and cant be young and dumb anymore. My one bike is now dismantled and being sold piece by piece on eBay, and the other is being constructed into a show piece for my late, best friend. I cant afford, in several aspects, to ride that bike. It is going to be more of a memorial for my deceased fellow rider.