Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3800 GT Mera/308 Replica for Quick sale

3800 GT Mera/308 Replica for Quick sale

I have decided to go ahead and sell my 308/Mera Rebody... I have just lost interest in working on it and I am looking to get rid of it quick(note the price), to buy a new car. I have $25K in receipts on this project not counting two years of my time and labor. Almost everything is new that has been put into it. I am offering a one time no haggle price of $15000.00 for it out here on the forum before going to e-bay with it. At that time the starting price will be $15K.
    For those that are not familiar with this car, you can see almost the entire build up here...
    http://www.texasfieros.com/members/haroldw/haroldw.htm

Off the top of my head here is what the car has in it, and what still needs done in my opinion...
    *1998 32K 3800SC Series II w/3.4 pulley, ACE Wiring Harness, WCF Headers, 4T65eHD automatic transmission, reprogrammed PCM, and Cold Air Intake.... All professionally installed by Loyde Rascoe from Fast Fieros of Dallas. It has a new exhaust system that is properly routed out the rear openings and sounds sweet
    *Chassis has had everything except the steering rack replaced. This included "all" bushings(poly urethene), tie rods(inner and outer),ball joints(upper and lower), and all bearings. It has the complete Eibach supension package from the Fiero Store to include the 1" drop progressive rate springs, and HD front & rear sway bar. I even replaced the door hinges with new ones from the Fiero Store.
    *Brakes are all new(everything). Up front is the Dual vented crossed drilled brake package with the big bore master cylinder from the Fiero Store. The rear brakes are crossed drilled rotors with new calipers, and stainless steel brake lines at all four corners. This car will stop on a dime...
    *The interior is from a 2000 Pontiac Firebird heavly modified to look right. It has a new fiberglass headliner, new carpet, sound deadening material double layered through out the interior, "all new" glass, the seats were professionally restuffed and coverd, all gauges except oil pressure work. The head unit is brand new with 2 - 6" subs and new speakers.
    *The body kit was the last Custom Coach Craft produced 308 rebody(Pat Kalsmith now has the molds) personally made by Farrar Patterson. Only the pictures can really show how much time, work, and money has gone into this kit. To make the car more weather friendly, I custom made rear scoops to cover the openings instead of the grill work. The car was painted once by me to show any imperfections, and then wet sanded and professionally repainted to achieve what you see in the pictures.
    There is so much more that has been done to even mention would take a couple more pages....

This is what I feel needs done, or that is needed....
    *The A/C compressor needs replaced.
    *I still have not covered the top with vinyl.
    *Every now and then if the cars sits to long(couple weeks) the battery goes dead?????

If I were keeping the car it would go back to Fast Fieros for his latest upgrades to the wiring harness, fuel rails, low alternator mount and dog bone set up.

I am selling this car as is, and at a 10K loss on my part. I am only looking for serious buyers and no tire kickers. I can give references of people in the Fiero/Kit Car community that has personally seen this car and will tell you this is a once in a life time chance to own somthing this nicefor so little. This car will go to the first lucky person that can get me the cash, and they will be responsible for all transportation costs. "Serious buyers" can email me for any questions, pictures or video they want of the car.
    Thanks for looking...

Re: 3800 GT Mera/308 Replica for Quick sale

nice looking car,super nice job.the interior upgrades are gorgeous

I might be interested. Any stress cracks, etc with regard to the body mount process. Another question is regarding the exhaust pipes before they exit the rear of the car. It appears that they are through the glass on the side.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels
    I might be interested.* Any stress cracks, etc with regard to the body mount process.* Another question is regarding the exhaust pipes before they exit the rear of the car.* It appears that they are through the glass on the side.*

Dave
    Hey Dave... There are no stress cracks on the body.* The body is mounted solid.* I drove this car all the way from Texas to Topeka Kansas and back.* Some of those roads could of tore an 18 wheeler apart, but all I got was some gravel chips.* The rear of the car body has a cut out to allow the full exhaust to be in place so you don't have to cut out the bottom of your trunk.
    Edited: Dave here is a picture of it when it was still primered, you can see how the exhaust is routed.

Harold

She's beautiful. I wish I were the lucky bastard that had the funds for it. I wouldn't want to part with that car if I were you, but I'm sure you've got your reasons. It's not a real 308, but it's a work of art in it's own right.

If you want to sell your 308 "kit car" that is OK but please do not use the Mera word unless it is a real Mera.

Rodney Dickman
    Mera Registry

Thanks for the compliments everyone...
    By the way it is probably going to E-bay this weekend. Loyde of Fast Fieros of Dallas has volunteered to sell it for me under his ID and rating.

Rodney, the subject says 3800 GT Mera/308 Replica, meaning it is a replica of the 308 or Mera, which ever way the person wants to look at it. I would suspect it to be more of a Mera since the original molds were splashed off an actual Mera, and not a 308. My discription of the car is accurate, and I even state that it is a 308/Mera rebody(which it is). The purpose for using Mera as a reference is due to the fact that individuals looking for these kind of cars associate Mera and 308 and use it as a search word or reference as to what they are looking for to buy or sell. Example..
    http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=3979.0
    I guess that would be like someone telling you not to use 308 in any of your postings unless it is a real 308 .
    http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=1000.0
    http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=1014.0

Thank you...

:'(
    It's one hell of a car. Sorry to see you getting rid of it. I'm sure the next will be better.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by RCR
    :'(
    It's one hell of a car. Sorry to see you getting rid of it. I'm sure the next will be better.

Bob
    Bob, I have learned a lot from this project, and if there is another one..... Well lets just say it "will" be better!

Harold

3800 GT Mera/308 Replica for Quick sale

Very misleading. Most might tend to think that this may be a real Mera. Do you know how many people buy kits thinking they are a real Mera? I get at least a call every few months. Many are very irate that the "guy said it was a real Mera". I see kit cars on ebay that mention the Mera word and are clearly a kit. Anything to enhance a sale maybe?