Thread: FIRST TIMER!

FIRST TIMER!

Hello, Im new on this site. but my friend MAD introduced me to this site.

Im looking to get started on a diablo kit ... But I need to find a good kit for a good price... Also I need to find a half decent fiero also!

If anyone could help me with this search it would greatly apreciated cause I dont know where to begin!

Thank You

Re: FIRST TIMER!

Welcome to the forum. As for the Diablo if you looking for something that you can build quick and that doesn't cost alot then go with an IFG 6.0 (NOT the Roadster). The 6.0 was extremely easy to put together. All I have lef are upholstery, waiting for the custom rims ordered, and painting the car purple. I haven't had time to post any updates because I am trying the get my 355 Spider done. I am hoping I will have the spider painted by Tuesday then I will start posting pics and updates on Jen's 6.0.

what about all the talk that IFG kits are bad and need major body work? a few people said their pre-hung doors dont close ???
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

so the 6.0 is the better kit to build your saying! How much harder is it to do the roadster.. cause i kinda had the convertable in mind! I know you prolly gota reinforce everything big time with a convertable right?

Also is it hard to stretch a fiero or is better to do tube chasis! I've heard tube chasis are like 10,000 to build ... This is why im going more towards taking a feiro and streching!

Any opinions on that.

Talk to Jim here on the forum - he just set up a Diablo building business in Mississauga.

At first I had thought the same thing as far as the quality. But I went down to see for myself. With the pre-painted feature the body work wasn't as bad. I got the silver because it shows more details and if it needed body work you could see the waves better. But to be honest there really wasn't any waves. For the doors not closing right that has to deal with how the body is mounted to the chassie. There are 7 different measurement points and all of them have to be exact. Once done the doors opened and closed fine. Going back to the Roadster. Bad idea, ALOT more work is needed for the Roadster. Measuring the body on the chassie is a little harder and on top of that you have to fit the Roadster top in 2 area's and the worst thing is the top don't seal properly. The 6.0 is by far the best and easiest kit from IFG to build. On the stretch, the Roadster and 6.0 are stretched and reinforced the same. If you know how to weld and are will to do some heave lifting then stretching the car is not that difficult. I personally think that IFG got it right as far as making a kit good quality, extremly easy, and cheap to build when it comes to the 6.0. But then again I have built a 355 and pretty much modified everything so the 6.0 to me is definitly easy.

Great thanks guys! Does anyone know this guy Jims buisness number or how I go about getting a hold of him!

Ya I think im going more towards the 6.0 it looks awsome when done right! and a little easier for a first timer! lol

I saw that IFg place on the net! they got some awsome stuff.. Has anyone ordered from them! and how is the quality! Also hows the shippping cause im all the way over in Canada.

Any help or advice is greatly apreciated!

You can get a hold of Jim on the link provided

http://www.kwikercars.com/
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

A couple things about IFG. ONLY get the prepainted ones... Don't get it unless you see the body you want in person... and TRY your hardest to pick all the stuff up yourself. They are TERRIBLE at shipping the complete kits and are HORRIBLE at customer service if you didn't get something or have questions. I purchased a 5000s kit and it took me a full year to finally get all the parts. He originally sent about half of the stuff and I'd email or call each week trying to get a hold of him to send me the rest of the stuff and he'd never call or write back. You have to catch him at the right time and he'd still only send it if he felt like it. But yeah... he'd send a couple things one month... a couple more some months later... and so on. It was a year when I finally got everything... and I still missed out on some stuff because I didn't realize it was supposed to come with the kit.

The people the go and see the kit in person and drive it home themselves are usually pretty happy. Prepainted only though... otherwise you're looking at a ton of bodywork, non fitting parts, and warped panels. If you can't pick it up yourself... please think twice about buying from them.

Just my honest and helpful opinion.

Ken