Thread: How much to build one of these?

How much to build one of these?

I am thinking about buying a kit from AD. How much would it cost to complete? I am thinking of a 355 coupe on a non strectched Fiero. Mr Mike interior, all OEM lights and emblems and 17inch rims and tires. I hear 30k...Help

Re: How much to build one of these?

I would say you could build the above described for around 22-25K. My whole intent was to build a $10,000 fiero 355 body. Now, about $40,000 later, I dont even have a complete car. It is very easy to get consumed in OEM ferrari items for authentic looks as well as expensive suspensions and brake upgrades. You are bound by nothing.....except your wallet .

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Yea what Bob said? I fell into the trap also, I would write a list of what you want and get the price of it and the total before you start. I started buying more and more as I went and it added up fast. You are on the right track with the AD kit if you keep it simple you will be happy.

If I kept it simple do you think I could come in at 30k? That's a number I keep hearing

Yes, if you keep the interior, suspension and brakes alone you can do it for under $30,000. You will need a few OEM ferrari 355 parts such as the front turn signals and rear third brake light panel. You could use corvette tail light rather than OEM ferrari to save a few hundred.
    It is easy to spend $5000 on OEM Ferrari parts, $5000 on a custom interior, $5000 on brakes, $5000 on suspension, $5000 on paint and body work, $7000 on a kit body, and $1500 on a good donor.

Quote Originally Posted by superstang460
    Yes, if you keep the interior, suspension and brakes alone you can do it for under $30,000. You will need a few OEM ferrari 355 parts such as the front turn signals and rear third brake light panel. You could use corvette tail light rather than OEM ferrari to save a few hundred.
    It is easy to spend $5000 on OEM Ferrari parts, $5000 on a custom interior, $5000 on brakes, $5000 on suspension, $5000 on paint and body work, $7000 on a kit body, and $1500 on a good donor.
    HEHEH! ;D ;D actually, a pretty good summary! I would suggest you could probably build in decent brakes & suspension for $5K! But you'll need that 'saved' $5k for an ENGINE/tranny !!!
    Sandy

Most guys get carried away on buying the Ferrari OEM parts and you may also. Most are needed if thats the look your going for. And if you don't go for that look or even if you do you will still have some smart ass walk up to your finished car and try to point out something you did or didn't do.

If you do all the work yourself you can maybe build the full kit for $18000, maybe!!!
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Thanks for being so kind to my lack of knowledge. The reason I asked is because someone is proposing a 30k build with an AD kit, custom interior, non stretch, stock motor and brakes, oem lights and replica wheels....was trying to see if this was a good deal or not....Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cobra
    someone is proposing a 30k build with an AD kit, custom interior, non stretch, stock motor and brakes, oem lights and replica wheels....was trying to see if this was a good deal or not....Thanks
    As long as his user name is not DKOV or he uses the name Scott, you should be in the clear.