Thread: 308 replica pictures

308 replica pictures

Check how accurate it is exept for the interior than was customized to client taste

Re: 308 replica pictures

I dont see any thing

If that's a replica.* It's one of the most accurate that I've seen.

I built a 308 (American Fiberglass).* The photos above show driver and passenger side "vent windows" that most (or all) replicas don't have. It also has, a proper "rake" on the front winsheild* and the winshield* also looks original. It also has the correct "seam" where the rear deck opens.*

It also appears to have correct pop up headlight "doors" with the bevel toward the front bumper which many kits lack. And.... It does'nt have the "large" yellow fender side marker lights in the front that kit's have.* (The Ferrari side markers are very thin and are hardly noticable in the thin "black strip" that separates the fenders.*It also doe'nt seem from the pictures to have the "biggest kit giveaway".* The gas door on the drivers side fender. (The Ferrari 's gas fill is'nt on the driver rear fender).

It's a little hard to tell by the pics but I'd almost bet that someone customized the interior of a real 308.

Do you Know for sure that it's a kit??* If so, It's very, very, very nice.* If not, just see if it's metal or fiberglass.* Except for the first year 308, they are all metal not fiberglass.* (The real ones).* (ok...perhaps this is the easiest way to tell a fake from a real one.) Another broker at my office has a son that has a 79 308 so I've compared them side to side. Once you see a kit next to an original, It's amazing how they differ in height, roof-line etc (and of course sound and power...).*

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Yes this is a kit copied from the real thing years ago, I uploaded more pictures I will start building a 288 GTO next month
    http://speed356.tripod.com/classicars

Great, Great , Great.

That is one of the best replica's I've seen of the 308. From the pics (except the engine pic), I'd swear it was a real one.)

How did you do the vent windows and door glass? Did you use original glass for the entire car?? Even the round headlights are great. Nice spacing between the tires and wheel-wells too.

Great job. I'd love to see that next to an original.
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Speed356 builds some really cool cars. They have a 250 TR that I wanted to buy, as well as a very nice 550 spyder replica.

1987 Mera (Sold)<br />1997 Riot (Sold)<br />1956 Vintage 356 (Sold)<br />Elite 917 (Sold)<br />65 Shelby cobra protoype (Sold)<br /><br />Looking for a complete TR512/ 550 spyder/ 356 Outlaw/ Unimog 416 Doka

Speed356 Is that a stinger kit?