Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F355 spyder for sale

F355 spyder for sale

I am finally selling the IFG cloned kit that I have worked on for a while now. It is based on a 1987 fiero GT and has a 6 Cylinder, 5 speed. This is an AC car but the AC doesn't work. The car was stretched 3" and reinforced. I also reinforced the area between the door sills and the frame for extra torsional stiffness. The rear of the car has coilovers (from held) and the front coils were cut out 1 coil to lower it. All of the lights work including the headlights. The seat covers are from Mr mikes and have the prancing horse on them. The top is a one piece design that bolts on or off with 6 bolts. Basically it is a custom steel frame that was covered with BMW top fabric. A weatherstripping needs to be added to it as well. As far as new parts go the list is long. Ball joints, shocks, coilovers (rear), brake shoes, wheel spacers, axles, tune up etc.. I painted the car myself with poor results and then had to rework the rear panels once the top was built so it will need to be repainted. The exhaust has a bad muffler or maybe just a leak???. I have over $15K invested but I am asking $12,500.00 USD for it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

edited to add photos
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Re: F355 spyder for sale

A couple more shots

and a few more

How much for the top? I have an AD355. Or do you have plans. I've reached the conclusion that it will either be a removable top or an Automoda. The Automoda is expensive if you can find one, and the one time I looked at one , it seemed way to heavy.

The steel for the frame cost me around $50.00 and I paid a local upholstry guy $400.00 to build me a custom fit top using the same material as used on BMW's. He did a great job on it. I ended up using the Alum frame and weatherstripping that goes around the door window for a nice seal. The The frame should be bent to fit your build exactly. I do have a few photos of the frame without the fabric if you want to see them. If you are interested in doing what I did, let me know and I will help you along.

glenn

Glenn:

Do you have any photos of the frame on the car without the canvas?

I am still building my top and need to kick start a few ideas. Don Ostergard is in the same boat.

We are both considering a Targa top and a folding rear section.

Regards,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Dave,
    I will look and see what I have when I get home tonight. I know I took a few photos but cant remember what they are right now. This frame design is actually really easy to make. I took some square tubing (hollow) that i bought at lowes and bent the front support to match the curve of the header panel on the car. I then took the original fiero alum weatherstrip holder (it is bolted onto the fiero body) and weatherstripping and sat them onto the door window with the window up of course. I then bent another tube to match the curve of the window. Once I was happy with that, I welded the side rails to the front rail. The hardest part of this build was bending the square tube to match the "V" areas that sit onto the rear quarters. Once I outlined the "V" panels, I welded everything together. From there I added a few extra supports and a second "rib" that goes side to side. With the basic outline done, the next step was to weld in 6 flat pieces of steel with has a hole in them for the bolt to pass through. I then drilled holes in the fiberglass where the bolts were going and then welded the nuts to a piece of metal which then was bonded to the back side of the panels. The 6 locations are 2 in the outer most corners of the header panel, 2 just behind the new "B" pillar (the bar that runs vertical down the door next to the glass) and the 2 more at the corner of ezach "V" section. I do recomment that you get some fabric from the toop maker before you weld everything up becuase if you dont, you will have to modify the body once you get it home.... as I now know from experience.... I am sure the photos will help.....

Glen,

There are some nice looking 355 spiders out there but few have good looking tops. Yours looks nice, good job.

Bart

Thanks.... I tried for a little while to make it folding but gave up and took the easier rout...

Like this Dave ??