Thread: Anyone know about this Lamborghini Countach replica on Ebay?

Anyone know about this Lamborghini Countach replica on Ebay?

A friend of mine is considering this Lamborghini Countach replica on Ebay. This will be his first replica car and he asked my opinion about it. I'm no expert, so I thought I'd throw it out here and get opinions from some of the more knowledgeable people on the forum. It looks a bit rough to me.......but the price looks appealing for a running and driving replica car. Take a look at the pictures of the rear. It looks like the rear panel (where the license plate is mounted) is the bare metal of the stock Fiero trunk. Also, it looks the rear wheels have an excessive negative camber. What do you guys think?

Does anyone know this car, or have you seen it in person? If so, how does the interior look? Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks, Den.

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repli...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Anyone know about this Lamborghini Countach replica on Ebay?

A few thoughts from me:

1.) 24,000 original miles... yeah, right! That '88 Fiero would be worth $10K if it was stock.

2.) No side windows at all?

3.) Low-res pics, but the fitment of the headlights looks poor, and no photos with the lights up... may be indicative of non or poorly functioning pop-ups.

4.) Overall stance is actually really good. Not too high like most replicas.

Looks surprisingly good overall, but pics of the interior and engine compartment would be good! From what I can see, its a stock Fiero interior...
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

I'm not a Lambo expert but it looks pretty good overall from the photos....Unusual color is a PLUS for my taste..

And the opening bid (if you can get it at $15K) is a nice deal for a finished Lambo.

Ask the seller for more info and interior/engine photos (if seriously interested)....You can NEVER have too much information when buying a used car.

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Thanks for the opinions guys! Yes, the color is a bit unusual. I think he would want to get it repainted if he bought it. There are a number of new pictures on the auction now which shows 1 pc windows, interior, and the lights in the "up" position. Overall, the car is probably a bit rough, but there would be numerous modifications that he would like to do to it if he bought it anyway. Most of the changes would be to make the car look more authentic.

However, there is a new Countach that just came up on Ebay (link below). It also appears to be a bit rough, but it has a FI V8! The buy it now is $13.9K. He is seriously considering this one since the price is less, the color is more to his liking, the wheels are more authentic looking, AND from the description of the condition, he would end up doing about the same amount of modifications/changes in the end. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lambo...QQcmdZViewItem

If I were him, I'd jump on the white one you're talking about.. BUT, just send a deposit and then pay the price to get a ticket out there to take a look before you pay the rest. Something doesn't sit right with me on that auction. $14K for a 'vette powered replica that's nearly complete? I've learned long ago that when things look too good to be true, they are. Ask questions, if he's happy with the answers, nab the car, but take a look before sending the rest of the cash.

The gold car needs the headlights reworked, but that's not too big a deal. All in all, I get a better feeling from this auction, but the 24K miles still makes me worry. Sounds a bit too low to be real, but it could be, I suppose. Probably wouldn't hurt to do the deposit/view thing on this one, either.

Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

I'm with BullRider. The WHITE one. Looks to me like a better car and it has a V8 ;D. My 2 cents

Those both seem to be great deals.. The white one does seem to good to be true and would definately go look at it first.. The orange one just seems more legitamate as Bull Rider stated.. I like them both, but the white one would be my choice if it is legitamate..