Thread: Fiero shell... harder than I thought to find & more expensive than I thought!DOH

Fiero shell... harder than I thought to find & more expensive than I thought!DOH

I'm in upstate SC and I'm looking for a shell for a F355. We want Manual windows as well as a non sunroof / t bar roof. I thought it would be a lot cheaper and easier to find for around 100 to 500 dollar range. I see them on ebay for 5 to 10K and I'm like What the heck!

Anyone know of any place in the south east that might have one or two, wrecked slightly or not?

Re: Fiero shell... harder than I thought to find & more expensive than I thought!DOH

You might try calling a few of your local wrecking yards.Maney that I've seen have little damage.Allso you might try placeing a wanted ad in the mall section of Fiero Forum.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Re: Fiero shell... harder than I thought to find & more expensive than I thought

Manual windows shouldn't be much of a problem; actually, I'd trade mine away for power ones anyday. I'm sure a lot of people would do the same.

On the other hand, the T-Tops are pretty rare, thus fairly collectible by Fiero enthusiasts. If you're looking for a cheap one, you'll probably have to get a junked one, cut and weld in the clip you're after. (In my experience, the scrapyards aren't willing to sell you a whole car for liability reasons.)
    I just did a search on www.car-part.com and saw a few Fiero T-Tops on there. Surely you could get the whole top/frame for a little more. Good luck!

Re: Fiero shell... harder than I thought to find & more expensive than I thought!DOH

ok I'll check around, I actually saw one in NC the other week, I might trolly back up there to see if its up for sell or something.

Re: Fiero shell... harder than I thought to find & more expensive than I thought

Go to Pennocks Fiero forum - I'm sure you can find someone who has an 84 or 85 cheap.

yeah I'm gonna keep looking around locally, I mean its a fiero... we saw one, I guess I can drive by and see if they want to sell it. Then I'll go from there.

You should try looking on eBay for the United States. Almost NONE of the fieros there are that high ....

thats actually where I was searching. I 've seen enough on the sides of the roads to not worry I'll find one eventually, when I find one for what I'm wanting to pay!

I might have something that is eventually for sale. It is a 88 notchback with a hard roof and is in your general area (Columbia garage).
    Nelson

just curious but why the hell do you want manual windows?