Thread: Free Mazda Rotary Engine..

Free Mazda Rotary Engine..

Complete carb to oil pan 1979 12a Mazda Rotary engine with 80k miles and 5 speed with 110k miles.. Two alternators and two starters and the radiator..
    Past project that I had a lot of time and money into but decided to let go.. :'(

Great engine for a VW based kit or modified custom car(super seven ext) Light and powerfull.. Engine ran when pulled and should still run fine but its been a few years so no guarantees..

Located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota area.. Offered for free here to fellow kitcar enthusiasts.. Come and get it.. ;D

Re: Free Mazda Rotary Engine..

Hey Mr Ferrari
    That's really generous!
    I'm in Minneapolis and am just finishing off a 356 speedster replica and have been thinking about putting a water pumper into her once I get it finished (they're never finished are they )
    But all this talk about a DNA 360 has draw my attention so am seriously considering that (once the Mrs gives me the go ahead and I finish this one....) :
    I think you should put it on ebay or on the VW conversion perversion forum and put some of the extra bucks into that great 308 of yours!

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyKing
    Hey Mr Ferrari
    That's really generous!
    I'm in Minneapolis and am just finishing off a 356 speedster replica and have been thinking about putting a water pumper into her once I get it finished (they're never finished are they )
    But all this talk about a DNA 360 has draw my attention so am seriously considering that (once the Mrs gives me the go ahead and I finish this one....) :
    There is another forum member from Prior Lake and also looking the DNA cars over as well.. If you need a hand with the 356 let me know ;D.. Not to many kitcar fans around these parts as you may well know..

Guess I'm lucky as there is a fairly strong vw club here and while it doesn't exactly fit, they have been really cool and have attended some of their technical 'how toos' which has been a great help.

I'm currently in the process of selling off my Yamaha R6 to use as capital for an MR-S. I think there is a beaten up on on the Autotrader in AL that looks promising. All the 'good to go cars' in MN are so damned expensive!

If you decide to go in the direction of DNA (or any other UK kit) perhaps we could team up. I'm from England originally so have some knowledge and contacts back there. I've only lived here for a year!

If you need any help with the 308 (drinking beer while looking at it and maybe spinning the odd wrench) let me know!

Are you doing back to the 50s this weekend?

I will probably go watch the back to the 50's cruise on friday night on University Ave in the Porkys area.. ;D

The 308 is pretty well done, but maybe we could sit and drink a few and look at the tools sitting next to the car.. 8)

There is also a realy cool car cruise down here in Lakeville on Friday July 6th.. Huge party in town here all night that night..

I sent you two Mr Ferrari and Munky, private messages.
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC