Thread: Ferrari 328 panels

Ferrari 328 panels

I just took the molds I bought last year to a fairly local fellow to see what he can do with them to pull panels for me to star on my 288 GTO project.

I am wondering if anyone is interested in a set of panels as well while we are cleaning the molds and making them OK for pulling panels.

The finished product turned out pretty good from what I saw of the panels when I bought the molds. PIc attached of the panels on the Fiero. Not a great shot but you can more or less tell. The fellow said he did not have to do too much body work to make the panels into a finished ready to paint product. He also said the panels bolted right on to stock Fiero locations no problem at all.

The molds are old so they do have some imperfections in the tight and sharp edges but I will be pulling a set of panels for myself first to see what the panels look like and then posting pics. I should have the panels pulled in a few weeks or so.

The panels will be in Calgary, Alberta Canada and shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer but I will help by crating the panels up for shipping and get them to a transport company in Calgary to ship. I've also have a broker set up to get the panels across the border on the transport. The fee for that is $150.00 US so quite cheap.

The target price is $3000.00 CAD for the panels plus shipping and crating. I'll crate buyer pays for the wood. Shouldn't be more than a couple hundred for the crate.

I am not trying to make this into a money making business as I don't have the overall time nor patience to do that but I thought I would offer up the panels for anyone that wants to get into a relatively easy and cheap build for their first try or someone that really likes the look of the 328's.

PM me or send an email to don_ostergard@shaw.ca.

Cheers
    Don
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Re: Ferrari 328 panels

Since your using the tube frame chassis, do it right and build a 288 GTO EVOLUTION!!!!!!!!

Thats not a bad price at all sounds interesting I'd really to build on a tube chassis though anyone got an idea where i might get plans for that??

I have the beginning plans for the tube frame chassis in the Ferrari 288 GTO thread in general discussion icemagician.

Jeff;

I , actually, do not like the looks of the 288 GTO evolution. I like the base model much better.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Don,

Any idea on shipping costs? Just rough estimate to Ontario (ottawa) area? 500-1000 over 1000?

Thanks

My guess, and only a guess at this point would be between $500-$1000.

I haven't looked into it too deeply yet as no one has shown any interest overall. Understandable as it is an older design and older molds.

I would go with a moving company if I was staying in Canada.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I plan to do a 328/288GTO style body on my MR2 but as it's not a fiero and i would need to heavily modify everything, it's hard to justify the money to make then ship the parts. That's why I've been quiet. I'd love to dive in to such a project, moreso than a 360. It's more rare and unique here (i see a couple 360s every day on my drive to work) and my goal isnt to compete or try to fool people anyway, i'd be doing it for fun if anything.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

My fiberglass guy will be pulling the panels out starting next week so I can see how it all looks and post pictures for everyone in more detail than the one picture I have now.

If my frame goes to Dave (Funnywheels), then I will probably get another Fiero and put the panels on for the 328 look or maybe cut the rear section off a Fiero and build a tube frame off that for the 96.5" wheelbase. That way, I don't have to work through the details of a ground up build which I just won't get time for in the next few years.

Cheers and pics to be posted when I get the panels pulled.

Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Well, I'll always be a fan of that model Don, especially since it goes on a non-stretched car . I'll be watching for availability. As long as the fiberglass is thick and smooth, I think you'll make some money. Once upon a time, I read that hand-laid fiberglass makes a better kit than choppergun - that might mean something if you're checking on the guy making your parts.