Thread: Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition FOR SALE - V8!

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition FOR SALE - V8!

Ladies and Gents,

I've picked up a new project car and I'm out of room in my garage. It was a very hard decision to sell, but in the end I sided with the other project.

Here's what I'm offering:

[i]1989 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition

Specifications:

Chassis: 1984 Pontiac Fiero SE (non-stretched)
    Engine: 5.7L (350 cubic inch) Chevrolet Small Block (pre-1980 block)
    Transmission: Isuzu 5spd
    Carb: Edelbrock 600
    Intake: Edelbrock
    Distributor / Wires: Accel
    Paint: 2-stage (color / clear) in Chevrolet Victory Red
    Mufflers: Dynomax custom
    Wheels: Replica Anniversary Edition Countach by Compomotive
    Tires: Front: 225/50R15 Pirelli Rear: 345/35R15 Yokohama
    Brakes: Upgraded Grand Am vented discs front and stock Fiero discs rear
    Clutch: Centerforce (unconfirmed)
    Radiator: Custom aluminum
    Vehicle Length: 170inches
    Vehicle Height: 41 inches
    Vehicle Width: 80 inches
    Approximate Gross Vehicle Weight: 3,000lbs

Body:

Manufacturer: Exotic Illusions (not confirmed)
    Composition: Fberglass with an average thickness of 1/4"
    Body panels: Main body, driver's side door, passenger side door, hood, trunk, front compartment, front bumper, front skirting, rear bumper, left side scoop, right side scoop
    Rear Taillights are authentic Lamborghini, as are many of the emblems and the license plate lights.

Drivetrain:

Engine: 5.7L (350 cubic inch) Chevrolet Small Block (pre-1980 block)
    Carb: Edelbrock 600
    Intake: Edelbrock
    Distributor / Wires: Accel

Wheels, Suspension and Brakes:

Wheels: Replica Anniversary Edition Countach by Compomotive
    Tires: Front: 225/50R15 Pirelli Rear: 345/35R15 Yokohama
    Brakes: Four wheel disc, front vented rotors (upgrade over Fiero), upgraded Master Cylinder, rear crossdrilled rotors.
    Suspension: Rear adjustable coilovers w/ 400lb springs.

Interior:

Dashboard: Pontiac Grand Am SE
    Overhead Console : Dodge Grand Caravan
    Shifter Boot: AC Cobra Replica
    Seats: DAD Racing
    Seatbelts: Four point harness
    Head Unit: Pioneer AVIC-N3 with GPS, DVD, MP3, backup camera, vehicle dynamics computer (measures acceleration, slipe, side acceleration
    Full alarm system with remote door popper solenoids and two way fob.
    Dual note airhorns

Asking price is $34,800CDN. I am open to offers. I want it sold, and soon, but I will not be giving it away by any means.

This car probably has less than 100km on the chassis since it was put on the road. The Chevrolet Victory red paint has been power polished, and as part of the deal that I got when I set up paint, it will be polished once again prior to the new owner taking possession. Paint will be glossy and fresh upon delivery.

This car moves!!! The 350 picks up the car and throws it down the road. The engine is loud, but definitely not uncomfortably so. People will never mistake this for a lowly six or four-cylinder car. All of the undercarriage is brand new with new urethane bushings, heavy duty sway bars, and new coilovers. It gets attention wherever it goes. You'll get women asking for rides, men asking for pictures, and kids asking for autographs (you think I'm kidding..?? I swear its all true). Front clearance is great. There are absolutely NO issues with speed bumps or driveways.

There are a few things that need to be finished and/or addressed for a 100% car. Some of these things are getting pretty picky, but I'm going to be up-front for everything. I've already credited costs for the following items against what I see the value of the car as. These credits are included in the asking price.

1. The windshield has a crack in it that just developed (the glass is less than 2 months old. There must have been a flaw in it at installation). It is flat glass, and should not be expensive to replace. Any glass shop can cut and install it in no time.

2. The interior trim needs to be finished. I will include extra carpet and vinyl for that purpose. The trunk also needs to be lined. credit

3. Final weatherstripping needs to be installed on the passenger side. I will include the weatherstripping. Should take less than 10 minutes.

4. Fenderwells need to be installed. I will include the 2mm Sintra board for this purpose.

5. The right hand side indicator LED in the dash has a loose connection. The dash needs to be pulled out and the connections tightened (2 screws, probably take about 20 minutes or less to fix)

6. The Speedo is not hooked up. I have it connected, but the wire must not be connected properly. A new wire needs to be run from the tranny sender to the gauge. Should take about 45 minutes or so to do. Not a big deal, actually, as the car has the built in dynamics computer through the AVIC-N3 which can display speed in kph or mph.

7. Timing cover is leaking oil. A new gasket needs to be installed. Should take a decent mechanic about three or four hours to do (estimate from my mechanic)

8. Engine should be TDC (top dead centered). That is a simple procedure that any mechanic can do. From there, the timing marks on the balancer need to be confirmed and the engine timed properly. Engine is running warm right now, and I'm thinking it is due to improper timing.

9. A shroud should probably be installed over the rad (not necessary, but it would be a good idea)

10. The heater temp slider came undone. The cable needs to be reattached (probably 20 minutes)

11. Heater hose is not connected at this time (too hot here in the summer). I have the fitting to connect it. Reattaching would take about 10 minutes.

12. The mounting brackets for the front hood gas lifters popped out (previous owner used bondo to secure them in place). They'll need to be 'glassed in place again. Probably 20 minutes to get them in place again.

13. Front driving lights are installed but not connected.

Make no mistake, this car is on the road and driving right now. What I've mentioned above are things that I think need to be done for a 100% car.

It is available for viewing at any time. My car is also somewhat famous (kinda sorta), as it was published in the UK's "Top Gear" Magazine last month as a representative of a Countach replica!

I will include all manuals that I have, along with all of the receipts that I have for the car, many of which date back to the original installation of the body by the previous owner. I also have tons of reference photos from my build and a few from the previous owner as well. They will be put on disc for the new owner. Additionally, I will create a video that will outline the special personality of this car, burping procedures for the cooling system, electrical routing, etc. The video will most likely be almost an hour long and should give virtually all of the information that the new owner will require to own and maintain the car.

Many more photos and history are available at http://www.replicacountach.com

Feel free to email me with any questions at bob@replicacountach.com. If you want quick answers, feel free to hit me up at (250) 818-3760. The car (and I) are located in Victoria, BC. Delivery options are available. I may be willing to deliver within a reasonable distance myself. It is available for immediate delivery to its new home.
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

Re: Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition FOR SALE - V8!

you just finished it! Whats the next build going to be?

why you selling this didnt you just complete it?

Believe me, the decision to sell was not an easy one. I found a deal on this baby that I just couldn't pass up:

It hit a stop sign and mashed up the front end. I just got it home on Tuesday night. I'm hoping to have it driveable within two weeks and fully painted and restored within a month. My basic problem is that I really can't justify having two exotic cars. I don't have the money and I don't have the space. The VIPER has always been my dream car, and now I own one. My poor Countach put up a good fight, but it can't win against an obsession.

Short version is I can't have two toys and one needs to go.

If anyone is interested, make me an offer. I need the car gone sooner rather than later.
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

what year the viper?

She's a 2001 RT/10 with 50K miles.

nice one man how much

More than a Chevette and less than a Veyron...

Did you get the over heating problem taken care of on the lambo?

That is a NICE looking lambo, especially since it is Non-stretched ! It helps prove that some of the non-stretched kits look just fine if eveything is maintained in proportion.