Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari Style Outside Mirrors

Ferrari Style Outside Mirrors

Im looking for some outside mirrors like on 288 GTO, their relativly tall. If youve seen another car that had similar, what kind? Anyone know where you might find just mirrors from 355, Testa Rossa kit also?

Re: Ferrari Style Outside Mirrors

I too am looking for somewhat the same thing. Prefer electric.
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

I have a pair of 355 replica mirrors made from fibreglass - I might be able to pull a mold off them and reproduce them if there is suffcient demand... (never done anything like this before)

Ari. I have been doing fiberglass for 20 years, I could guide you....but........
    What about the glass, the adjustability, the remote control?
    The product would almost have to attach over an existing mirror and mimic a Ferrari one, IMHO.
    Is there a pic of yours on the forum somewhere?
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Not yet, I'll have to take some - they use the guts from the power fiero windows... the only problem with them (well not only) Is they can't "Snap" towards the car, that is if your on a narraow street you can aim them parallel with your car to prevent them from being knocked off.. (So many pictures to take!)

I used vitaloni mirrors that I bought from Checkers .and later today I will try and find the adresses of some mirror outfits that I found acouple weeks back that have what you guys are looking for.
    1BadF40 And now runnin with the Devil

BTW I should mention that My mirrors came as two pieces - a had to fibre them together which was a real bitch! (Now in the process of sanding them down) - would it be possible to make a mold which would reproduce the mirror as one piece?

I have those Vitaloni 'flag' style on mine now, there like the 308/328 mirrors and they were orig equip. What Im looking for is GTO specific. there very tall, prob stand 4'' higher than those. Someone said that some Porsche 911 and Mitsubishi 3000 are similar. If all else fails, ill have to go used OEM 288 GTO @ $475. each/ brand new their $1500.00 @

I used vitaloni mirrors that I bought from Checkers .and later today I will try and find the adresses of some mirror outfits that I found acouple weeks back that have what you guys are looking for.

Here are what my mirrors looks like (Well, unsanded, just to give you the general idea of the shape) - they use the power guts from the Fiero.

Ouch, that looks like a real pain. I had to do the same thing to my roof spoiler. Too bad they dont injection mold those.