Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Completed Ferrari Kit -- What's it worth??

Completed Ferrari Kit -- What's it worth??

Need your professional opinion!

I have a completed Ferrari 328 kit with a brand new SBC 350. Just finished a complete mechanical overall. Entire engine is brand new (full crate motor). Rebuilt trans with new racing clutch. New headers, brakes, rotors, calipers, hoses, remote oil filter, water pump, alternator, battery, fuel tank & lines, fuel pressure reg, plugs & wires, etc...

Car was professionally built. Kit was altered to correct Ferrari dimensions for the vents and the door handles and fuel door were moved to correct Ferrari locations. Interior is basically stock Fiero.

Car runs 100% perfectly. Fuel and tach gauges not hooked up. Heater fan and sunroof latch need work. Paint is decent but not perfect.

Looking to sell it -- need the $$ for my wife to stay home with the kids!! What do you think it's worth?? I put about $14,000 in it over the past year.

1985 Ferrari 328GTB Replica with SBC 350

Re: Completed Ferrari Kit -- What's it worth??

Quote Originally Posted by ksteak

I have a completed Ferrari 328 kit with a brand new SBC 350. Just finished a complete mechanical overall. Entire engine is brand new (full crate motor). Rebuilt trans with new racing clutch. New headers, brakes, rotors, calipers, hoses, remote oil filter, water pump, alternator, battery, fuel tank & lines, fuel pressure reg, plugs & wires, etc...

Car was professionally built. Kit was altered to correct Ferrari dimensions for the vents and the door handles and fuel door were moved to correct Ferrari locations. Interior is basically stock Fiero.

Car runs 100% perfectly. Fuel and tach gauges not hooked up. Heater fan and sunroof latch need work. Paint is decent but not perfect.

Looking to sell it -- need the $$ for my wife to stay home with the kids!! What do you think it's worth?? I put about $14,000 in it over the past year.

I would think you could sell it between 8K and 10K. I have a lot more than that in mine and it is still available with no offers at all. Zero.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Your 328 looks fantastic.. I love the GTB quarter window setup.. Very nice..

Unfurtunatley it is probably worth less than what you put into it in the past year.. Much like the 308 I have, I bought it for $13k and recieved reciepts for over $15k worth of work done on the car in the previous year at the fiero factory including Held Motorsports suspension,upgraded steering rack, Caddilac V8 and tranny, upgraded brakes, and complete interior with new seats,carpet,headliner and a Pisa digital dash(not ferrari replica).

I would say your car is definatley nicer than mine in many ways, but a 308/328 replica will rarely if ever sell for over $15k no matter how nice.. :'(

The biggest downfall is the Fiero interior will kill the value of the car and all the hard work you put into it.. How much are you "thinking" you would sell it for as is.?? I like the way it looks..

First of all your car looks very well done and lowered correctly....I personally don't like the fat rear tires (looks a bit like a dragster) but I understand why you put those tires in the rear.

As far as "professional opinion" there's no such thing in here!

If you list your car in popular forums and eBay you'll definetely get good money for it....How much?? my guess by just looking at the only photo you provided, you should be able to get close to $15K, if you play your cards right (fix the electric issues with the gauges and give it a nice detailing job). Heck I sold my 308 replica for a lot more I paid for it and I just picked up a Stinger 308 for LESS than what I sold my replica for!!! Go figure....

Hold out for top $$ if you can, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise...the key to a good sale is emphasizing the good points on your car (new engine and mechanical upgrades etc ) and downplaying the not so good (like needing a paint job and Fiero interior).

The market for nice authentic-looking 308 replicas is on the way UP! and yours has a desirable engine which most do not have...Is yours a MERA clone rebody?? Post some more photos and let me know if I can help you in any way....email me if you want to discuss this further offline.

Regards

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

goyal did you just buy the stinger on ebay (the one best 308 targa ever)?

Hey KSteak, the car looks great! Unfortunately, I have to agree with FunnyWheels - judging from what I've seen on Ebay, you'll be lucky to get $14,000 out of it. I would guess that it would sell for about $8K. You could always put it on Craig's List and see what happens? Best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by punkit
    goyal did you just buy the stinger on ebay (the one best 308 targa ever)?
    Well let me put it this way....

Considering the seller paid $12K for it 3 months ago (cheap money for a Stinger) and it's been sitting in a storage bay ever since, I thought it would be a shame if someone didn't try to steal it for that price....I guess the seller didn't care either way and it shows in the way he desribes the car!

Like I said earlier, I sold my MERA 308 clone for MORE $$ than this Stinger replica and I wasn't even looking to buy another one....But hey, I always try to buy "toys" I can eventually make money on when I sell ;D

No $40K I-know-I'm-going-to-loose-my-shirt-when-I-sell-it replicas for me, thank you

Later
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

offtopic but why is the rear tires side wall like 55 or so, it would look sportier if it was lower profile. maybe that hurts the sale some?

Thanks guys...

The rear tires are too big... I agree. The previous motor had 400+ HP and I guess needed big ole tires.

I am thinking about listing the car on Ebay (probably today) and linking to the auction via the kitcar forums and craigslist. Am gonna set the reserve for what I want for it and we'll see what happens!!! Will post the link here! Will put additional pics/info in the Ebay listing.

Not sure what the original kit manufacturer was. All I know is that the builder made a number of changes to the kit.

Wish me luck! If anyone is interested, I'm in the SE region of PA (zip 18041).
    1985 Ferrari 328GTB Replica with SBC 350

Thanks guys...

The rear tires are too big... I agree. The previous motor had 400+ HP and I guess needed big ole tires.

I am thinking about listing the car on Ebay (probably today) and linking to the auction via the kitcar forums and craigslist. Am gonna set the reserve for what I want for it and we'll see what happens!!! Will post the link here! Will put additional pics/info in the Ebay listing.

Not sure what the original kit manufacturer was. All I know is that the builder made a number of changes to the kit.

Wish me luck! If anyone is interested, I'm in the SE region of PA (zip 18041).
    Good luck hope you get what you want I had to give my AD 355 car away to sell it some here get lucky at the right time so best wishes and it really looks good, nice car. I would like to find one and make a 288 GTO out of it but will have to find someone willing to give it away like I had to on my car
    www.kikkerbikes.com