Thread: Murcie emblem

Murcie emblem

Is any one making the the emblems that are located on the sides of the Murcie exterior body. I think it says "V.12". They are locate to the rear of both side air ducts.Also could some post pics of this emblem? Thanks

Re: Murcie emblem

I could make them,but they would cost $400 for the pair. Chroming plastic is kind of expensive. Lambo sells the real ones for $600 each. If you just wanted silver color (Like the roadster wheels),They would run $210 for the pair.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Without talent experience is worthless

Do you have a laser printer?

If so, make the emblem you want in your favorite imaging program. Reverse the colors so that you get a negative.
    Print it out on something like wax paper.
    Iron the wax paper onto a piece of brass or copper the size of the emblem. Remove the paper once the toner is transferred.
    Place the item attached to the positive side of a battery/charger/power supply into a saltwater bath with the positive side dangling in the solution.
    In 5-10 minutes, take it out and clean it up.
    Paint the emblem with chrome paint.

You will be amazed at how simple this procedure is, and how fine-grained the detail will come out. Remember that whatever is not covered by toner will be etched away, so if you want the letters popping out do not reverse the colors.

Chroming is a similar process, but tends to result in hazardous chemicals that you can't just flush down the toilet. I've only done it a couple of times, but the results have been very nice. I suggest the paint, however, as the time investment as well as cleanup is extraordinary for what turns out to be a fairly small project.

i believe that Extreme do the full badge/emblem set for 150 UKP approx. $300

You want them made out of polished stainless or aluminum?

If someone can get me a clean image and exact dimensions including thickness, I have contacts where I can probably get those made fairly affordable.

Mike

Both choices are fine with me as long as the price is affordable.

If youve ever seen chrome paint, like the kind you get in a spray can, it doesnt look very good, and lasts outdoors for only about 3 weeks. I have the actual emblem, and made a mould (RTV) of it. I pour the replicas out of Fast-cast, and then send them out for chroming. It costs about $60 for a half gallon of Fast-cast, and the minimum order for chroming is $200 at the shop that does it.
    Without talent experience is worthless