Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some misc. stuff for my 355 replica and or answers

jcnolfi

Looking for some misc. stuff for my 355 replica and or answers

Well hey everyone. I am with-in the next 2 weeks of finishing up the exterior of my 355 replica and need to pick up a few items still. I was hoping you guys could help or point me in the right direction.

I am needing to get all the emblems/badges for the car. Ever since kitcaraccessories.com closed i have no idea on where to start without spending a fortune.

I also have to do the entire interior, but after emailing Carlos I thinking im going to buy an interior kit from him ( Unless Dave wants to sell me his ) ;D

I need to get the glass for my side view mirrors. I remember Dave talking about a glass place in oldsmar, but I can't remember.

I really don't want to buy a front grille, I was thinking of making my own, but not sure about thickness or what it should look like.

Thanks in advance for any help. I will be checking back soon. And I'll be posting pics as soon as I get her back from the paint shop. She's going to be Fly Yellow & I'll be working on the black interior over time!

jcnolfi

Re: Looking for some misc. stuff for my 355 replica and or answers

Oh yea, I almost forgot. What are you guys using or doing for the convertible boot cover? Buttons or ?

Check the thread for good vendors I think there is a contact for badges etc. There is someone selling the 355 mirrors here on the forum. That thread probably has info for the glass.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

There is an old topic on here somewhere with a blueprint on how I built a 355 grill using alum.

There is no way to get badges and emblems without spending a lot. The only way you might get lucky is to watch eBay. But why build a ferrari replica then try to scrimp on the quality of the parts ? i think you're better off buying the good stuff over time then putting in cheap stuff that looks like .... cheap stuff ....

I still have the deck lid screen waiting for you. What happened last week end?

The Place for the mirrors in Oldsmar is on Mears Blvd. The big building says Glass and Mirror on it. Bondo Bob has mirror housing molds you can borrow to lay up some mirror housings,

You can look at my grill while you are here to see how to make another. I built my first one out of one inch wide strap steel and three pieces of all thread from Home Depot.

You can build one that will be good enough for a few dollars and a little elbow grease.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

jcnolfi

I think building one will be the best bet. All I was able to find is on ebay in the UK there is a used one, but it is alittle over $500.00! I was at the shop all weekend working on a one piece removable top to simulate a convertible top.

How is your top coming along? Are you doing like I did with just a frame covered in conv. top material?

jcnolfi

Yeah I am, I'm still working on just the frame for it. What did you use for the inside of it? Or did you leave it exposed? Also what did you use for the rear window? I hope it turns out close to yours, you did a great job on yours. Props to you!

Thanks. I painted the frame gloss black and then left it exposed on the inside which I think looks good that way. I guess you could cover the inside with fabric as well. The rear window is clear plastic, it is the same plastic used for production cars. I am sure yours will turn out great! Post some pictures as you go through it to help others as well. Let me know if you get stuck anywhere...