Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caliper covers

Caliper covers

I thought this might come in handy for some. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RED-B...spagenameZWDVW

Re: Caliper covers

From the AD:

"Why you? pay more than $2000-$5000 for upgrade your brake caliper to Big brake kit if you can pay only $80-150$ for change your brake caliper to Racing big brake kit by use Big Brake Caliper Cover Kit".

I just love that description! Why pay $2000-$5000 to upgrade your brakes?

How about:

I just dropped a V8 into my Ferrari Replica and want it to actually stop !

I'm sure caliper covers should take care of that ! : I love it.

I'm not sure about the ABS plastic or how it would hold up but I guess if the stock brakes are fine. (Which mine are, at least for now) maybe the covers can add to the look of a replica... I just really love the description. Made my day...
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

LOL! Remind me not to buy a fire extinguisher from that company if they ever offer one! Yes first have a good set of brakes and then use these JUST for making your replica more accurate! Disclaimer: these do not enhance your stopping power!!!!!!!! I found another site that seems to have really high quality caliper covers, these appear to be exact LP640 calipers! Adding these to a Murcielago replica will add a really nice finishing touch. http://www.eycatchercalipercover.com...uctR_l_ylw.asp Where it says eyecatcher is just the plastic on the packaging, they really come blank. I already ordered professionally made "Lamborghini" stencil stickers that I will paint on!

I like the eyecatchers, but prefer this style myself. They also sell a complete set, front and rears. A little more but better looking I thought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BREMB...spagenameZWDVW

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

they look nice, but i wonder if they will fit on something like this?
    might have to weld them in place? clearance problems? (1 1/2" thick)
    don't forget about the spacers showing if you go that way.

I have used a decent set of Brembo covers on my Diablo, not the all red, these had all the bolts and pipe on, brakes where fine, and no overheating, the brakes didnt need upgrading and they look the dogs bo**ocks for the money, I do suggest thou dont buy the front and rear kits, the back ones are way to small, I used 2 front sets and had to trim a little of where the cover was close to the hub and wheel, but the wheel covers the trimmed part thou nicely, also these are suppose to be bonded but obviously when you need to change pads this could cause a problem as you would probably break em getting them off, I replace the plastic allen key bolts with stainless ones and made a bracket that I spot welded to the caliper, very quick spot weld so no damage to caliper, now when pads need doing I can just unscrew them, would recommend them to anyone, guy's on lamboreplica stand at stoneleigh where really surprise they werent real, only by careful look you then can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by migwell
    I have used a decent set of Brembo covers on my Diablo, not the all red, these had all the bolts and pipe on, brakes where fine, and no overheating, the brakes didnt need upgrading and they look the dogs bo**ocks for the money, I do suggest thou dont buy the front and rear kits, the back ones are way to small, I used 2 front sets and had to trim a little of where the cover was close to the hub and wheel, but the wheel covers the trimmed part thou nicely, also these are suppose to be bonded but obviously when you need to change pads this could cause a problem as you would probably break em getting them off, I replace the plastic allen key bolts with stainless ones and made a bracket that I spot welded to the caliper, very quick spot weld so no damage to caliper, now when pads need doing I can just unscrew them, would recommend them to anyone, guy's on lamboreplica stand at stoneleigh where really surprise they werent real, only by careful look you then can tell.
    Any pics?

Have you seen the new fake brakes from DNA?
    They look pretty cool and should cover up the wheel spacers on my MRS a treat!

http://dnaoc.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=48.0

Sorry but the pics are at the end of the link.
    Must upgrade my membership here so I can post pics!

The Lp640 has Huge front calipers and small rear calipers. If you use spacers and a fake rotor cover you can use this caliper cover on it's own. Basically just glue it or screw it on the fake rotor.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoyle11
    they look nice, but i wonder if they will fit on something like this?
    might have to weld them in place? clearance problems? (1 1/2" thick)
    don't forget about the spacers showing if you go that way.

You have the original LP640 wheels and they extend out a lot! I doubt you will have any clearance issues. Even if you do you can trim them down, there is an installation video on their page. http://www.eycatchercalipercover.com/index.asp Who makes that fake caliper for the Murcielago you provided in your pic? Where do those fake calipers mount to? I cant imagine them mounting onto the spacers.