Thread: 88 Fiero wanted in Florida

88 Fiero wanted in Florida

Presently in the market for an 88 with a Good 5 speed Getrag.
    Must have all power options that were available PW, AC and etc. Running or at least recently ran. Plans are to install 3.4 DOHC with 5 speed. Frame and cradle must be in excellent condition. Price I am willing to pay will depend on condition. (not interested in big dollar show cars) If a 3.4 DOHC is already installed with a Getrag, all the better.
    Prefer within 250 Miles of Tampa, FL to either trailer or drive home.
    I would also consider an 87
    Please PM me if you have something you think I might be interested in.
    Thanks!

Re: 88 Fiero wanted in Florida

Have you tried the people over at the Fiero Forum yet? If you are swamping engines anyway, why limit yourself to the 87 / 88 years? Earlier years can be bought rather cheaply and converting a 4-speed to a 5-speed is not all that difficult. Just my .02 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Berlinetta
    Have you tried the people over at the Fiero Forum yet? If you are swamping engines anyway, why limit yourself to the 87 / 88 years? Earlier years can be bought rather cheaply and converting a 4-speed to a 5-speed is not all that difficult. Just my .02 cents...
    Yes, I did put the same request on Pennockís. I have been also checking Cragslist. Lots of automatics out their as well for little money. I suppose I could also convert them to a standard also. I was just hoping that I could find one that had most of what I wanted from the beginning. (call me lazy). Summer is on itís way and the bone yards will be hot. Whatís needed to be changed from the 4 speed and the 5? Just the cables and shifter?

Transaxle needs to be there somewhere, but you know that
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels
    Transaxle needs to be there somewhere, but you know that
    Transaxle? Oh yea, just a minor incidental. Thanks for pointing that out Dave.

If you get a car with a stick already in it then it should be just the shifter and the cables besides the transaxle as Dave mentioned ;D

If you get an auto... then add the pedal assembly to that as well. You should be able to get all the parts you need cheaply at a junk yard...

good luck with the search.

I have an 88 GT with 10,000 miles on it. I bought it for 10,000 from a guy in California. I was going to use it for a Watson AD 355. However, it was just too sweet to use and I ended up doing another deal with John. I have never titled the car and am trying to decide what to do with it. It may be too nice for what you have in mind but if you are interested let me know. I was leaning toward putting it on Pennocks and eBay this Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by 88Dino
    I have an 88 GT with 10,000 miles on it. I bought it for 10,000 from a guy in California. I was going to use it for a Watson AD 355. However, it was just too sweet to use and I ended up doing another deal with John. I have never titled the car and am trying to decide what to do with it. It may be too nice for what you have in mind but if you are interested let me know. I was leaning toward putting it on Pennocks and eBay this Spring.

Thanks for the offer. Although it sounds like to good of a car to be cutting up for a kit. The Fiero police wouldnít be too happy to hear of such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Berlinetta
    If you get a car with a stick already in it then it should be just the shifter and the cables besides the transaxle as Dave mentioned ;D

If you get an auto... then add the pedal assembly to that as well. You should be able to get all the parts you need cheaply at a junk yard...

good luck with the search.
    Thanks for the info. I was mainly concerned about having to figure out what additional brackets, mounts and etc. that would be necessary. For the swap. If itís not that much of a big deal maybe Iíll pick up an auto and go from there. Their is a few in the area for sale.