Thread: Warlock 355?

Warlock 355?

hey guys, newbie here, love this websight, i had just about given up on the idea of a 355 kit when i found a warlock 355 kit already mounted to a stretched fiero, ive been reading the boards and have read the comments about the different body manufacurers, i know, the mirage kits are very nice, but i just dont like the way they look, to me they look to short, is there any way you can get the warlock kit to come out looking like the real thing or is it gona have a flat roof and curved nose no matter what i do? thanks BeachBum-355 wana be

Re: Warlock 355?

All depends how much $$$ You want to spend and how good you are with fiberglass. Original warlock kits also have crooked front ends, so you might want to check that out - it can cost quite a bundle to fix

thanks for the reply, so how can i tell if its a first or second generation kit, also, were the other issues like the flat roof and curved nose problems solved in the second generation kits, thanks, Beach

Well, a second generation kit isn't actually a specific type - what happened is somebuy buys an original or copied Warlock/IFG 355 (The one with the curved roof and crooked nose) and then either fixes the problems on the kit themselves or pays someone else to do so (Spends the time and money needed to make a curved roof or crooked nose).

They then make molds off using the fixed body as a base, hence the creation of a second generation copy.

You can tell if its second generation by looking at it for the typical problems. A dead giveaway is also the fact that on almost 99% of IFG/Warlock kits and clones the door is one piece, instead of two (There are two scoops on the door area. When you open the door, the lower scoop should stay put and the upper scoop should move out with the door. On IFG kits, both scoops move out as it is one solid piece).

TO Ari:

I think you are right about the door. I have seen only one kit that did not do that. The guy is in WA I think his name is Tony Luicinan (I probably spell the last name wrong). If there's a good there must be an evil, right? Turns out that the kit does not modified the door of the Fiero to be any smaller but it just add the side skit underneat it. This make the middle part of the car very FAT (like a pregnant cat), while the front and rear bumper is high up in the air. I have photos some where but I have to go dig it up.
    Anyway, later I found out that there is another place that still sell the kit, www.shelbycustom.com
    They call it BLACKWINDOW, weird isn't it? As some of you already know. This place will charge you arms and legs for anything and everything.
    Hey Ari, I went in and look at your f355 rep photos and I think you did a great job on it.
    Have you ever give it a though about making a kit yourself? I mean a perfect F355 replica that is exact in every way to the original one?
    I really would like to see that happen.
    Let me know.
    Thanks

You should talk to DKOV - thats what he's attempting to do with his 355 kit.

go to Kitcars.com and go to the unfinished projects section, then click on Warlock 355 and look at the pics, does that car have a curved nose?