Thread: Can anyone run a car fax?

Can anyone run a car fax?

I need one for a car. If anybody has the unlimited report it would be great. Thanks Josh
    Vin # is 1G1YY32G4Y5109186

Re: Can anyone run a car fax?

I am not trying to stick my nose in your business but in almost all states carfax type reports are worthless. I own a bodyshop and deal with insurance companies daily. They go out of there way to keep information off of these type reports in fear that customers will try to get compensated for depreciated values after an accident. Some states require repairs to be tracted if they are over a certain level (usually over 25% of the current retail value) and be reported to a state agency that then turns around and provides that information to these type of (carfax) information services. The best thing is to find someone you trust to look the vehicle over carefully. I just did one this morning, 2007 BMW 6 series, Certified Preowned, never been touched, carfax. Inspected, hit left rear corner, bumper replaced, qtr replaced, and rear door repaired, front door blended. Did a honda last week, same clean history and this time a clean car no issues.

I agree with Bartman on the carfax. It is just another thing to sell cars. I would take it some place and pay them to look it over for you.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I know its just 5 hours away..I might just drive up there.. Thanks guys