Thread: 3o8 V8 Getrag Project - Possible Sale

3o8 V8 Getrag Project - Possible Sale

After seeing Bills (aa2uk's) E-mail regarding the family problems, I posted that we should all make some calls, talk to some people and get his cars sold. Hopefully, He will be able to keep them. At the very least we should try to keep them in the "Kitcarsforum family". I've been a big fan of the T/R's (and especially Bills).

I didn't think for one second about selling my 3o8. It's my 3rd one and by far the best I've owned. I'll say a few things "right off the bat". If Bill does not need to sell his T/R or if it's sold to another member etc, My Car is NO LONGER FOR SALE. I've never "not finished" a project. Bill's T/R is truly a car I would love to have. It's one of a few I'd sell my current car for. If I had room, I'd love to have them both but I'm out of garage bays.

VK and a few others have seen my car in person and can pretty much verify that this IS NOT your "run of the mill" $6,000 4cyl / automatic / poorly put together 3o8, that's for sure. Maybe one of them will chime in with a comment or two. If you are looking for a 3o8 project, It will be one of the nicest / cleanest you will see. I guarantee it.

1985 3o8 SBC V8 / Getrag 5-Speed:

1985 - Original Canadian Car with Metric Speedo.
    Original 77,000km / 45,000 miles - Came over from Canada in the early or mid 90's I believe.
    (Originally a 4cyl Duke w/ a TH-125)

New Rear Struts
    New Lowering Springs - 2" - REAR
    New Poly Cradle Bushings.
    Rebuilt A/C Compressor (When I bought the car a few years back). A/C was Ice Cold / no leaks.
    Solid Rust Free Cradle, Rust Free Car All Around.
    Compomotive Replica Wheels (15" but look very appropriate on a replica). Rims are just about perfect.

I'll describe the paint as a 8 out of 10 to be conservative but It's more like a 9+. Not "Show Flawless" but very, very, very nice. No scratches, no uneven panels, no warped panels, no misaligned seams etc. (Pics to follow). Looking for cracked fiberglass??? You won't find it. The only "crack" is a hairline "mark" back by the side louvers which is almost not even noticeable.

I removed and reinstalled most of the panels, doors, hood etc in "my quest" for perfect seams, door edges, hood alignment etc. The doors / hood etc shut / align like a factory car - period.

If you've seen my other posts, I'm almost finished with a REAL Aluminum hood vent (instead of the fake vent on many of these cars).

Details:

310 c.i.d. L-69 305. - 39,000 miles. ( I assisted in the build of this engine back in 1997 for my brother-in- laws Monte SS project so I know it's history). When he decided to go with a 454 last year, I couldn't beat the price - and timing was perfect for the SBC swap.

Mild Cam (Loosely following the Lunati 310HP 305 build)
    * with the 1.6 roller tip rockers removed and long tube headers removed, I'd estimate HP to be in the 235 - 255HP range now. (Long Tube Headers, 1.6's and Holley 750 were used in the Monte).
    58 cc 9.85:1 Compression F.I. 081 / 2187 Casting Cylinder Heads - Rebuilt / slight shave - 39K miles
    Brand New Pete Jackson Noisy Gear Drive (new Installed for the engine swap a few months back)
    Minor Block Machining for the Gear Drive
    Updated Chevy SBC "new style" oil pan with windage tray.
    Brand New Billet HEI with 55KV Performance Coil.
    Brand new Sanderson CC-90 Headers (Not Installed)
    Rams Horn Exhaust Manifolds (Currently installed)
    Proform 35GPM Electric Water Pump - New
    95 Amp Alternator - New
    V8 Archie Front Mount incl A/C Mount
    V8 Archie Alternator Mount
    Street Dreams Engine / Trans Adapter
    Brand New 280 ZX Starter
    Summit Oil Filter Relocation Kit - New
    Transdapt Oil Filter Adapter - New
    Brand New Tranny Mounts

OEM Original Taillights with correct Backup light in center. (Not Repros)
    Replica Door Mirrors

1987 Getrag (Bought a mild T-Boned 87 Fiero GT with Rebuilt Getrag for parts car). Ran Awesome - 66K miles.
    All Clutch Parts from the donor car
    New Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch and Pressure Plate
    New Centerforce Throwout Bearing

"Custom" aluminum "tops" to conceal the Chevy Centerbolt Valve Covers.

NO Junkyard Parts here. Mostly everything was new or rebuilt. Right down to the Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold Bolts.

Interior: Dash Not Installed: 240SX Dash, Door Panels, Console, Instrument Cluster
    The first time I saw a 240SX dash in a Fiero, I thought "Wow! that would look perfect in a replica! (2 Fiero Dashes Included).

Engine and trans have been final test fitted and are installed on cradle. Alternator and A/C belt alignment is done and Engine / Cradle is ready to be "final installed" and WILL BE INSTALLED This week if I stay on track You are MORE THAN WELCOME TO STOP OUT AND SEE EVERYTHING before it goes back in the car. Yes the engine runs fantastic and yes I will start it for you.

What you need to do:

1. Finish the Cooling hoses, battery cables etc. The normal stuff you do after you install a V8 in one of these cars.. :-)

2. Interior. Stock seats are installed with Faux Leather / Ostritch Covers that actually look really good. 240SX dash needs to be installed. You can either use the stock door panels or modify the 240 SX door Panels. (I can re-install the stock panels for you).

3. Install the pedal assembly, clutch hydraulic Line / shift and select cables etc. I HAVE EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR THE SWAP AND IT'S ALL MARKED / LABELED . (Or if for some reason, you wanted to "stay" automatic, The shifter and cable is already there).

4. Exhaust. - I have a Flowmaster 80 Series used very little from my last project that I was going to use. If you need it. It's here. I've also reduced the size of the trunk bottom by 5" to allow more room for the exhaust system.

Extra stuff included????? . . . Boy do I have extra stuff;

I'll have to add to the list as I go through it..... Some of the major stuff:

TBI Fuel Injection. - The Entire system. Harness, ECM, TBI Fuel and Return Lines, Bead Blasted Aluminum TBI Intake Manifold, Wiring Diagrams (that I've gone through and marked etc). I've also tied back the harness (things you don't need etc for use int he Replica). If you want to go F.I. at some point, it's all here.

Aluminum Hood Vent. I will finish the hood vent - Do a search for the thread, it looks great.

Other extra parts to be added. I've got extra Fiero Seats, the original Dash, a 120 MPH Instrument Cluster, a second Dash, Extra Manual Axles, Original Automatic Axles, Brand new adjustable lowering springs that I decided I didn't need and much more. 2 sets for stock fiero springs. Extra Stock Fiero Hood and quite a bit more.

Think this is the most through / insane FOR SALE post??? Wait until you see the detail in this car!

I've got tons of pics. If you are close, stop by and see this car in person. Like I said. If Bill does not need to sell (and I hope he doesn't) or if he sells the T/R, I'm just going to continue on with this (my 3rd 3o8 V8 swap). I know these cars inside and out and would be more than happy to speak to anyone and answer any questions.

You'd be hard pressed to build a V8 / Getrag Replica for this price and have it look the way this car looks. If you've hesitated about doing a V8 swap, Didn't want to attempt a V8 swap, didn't want to pay someone to do a V8 Swap.... then this one could be the one for you and is 90% done. If anyone is close to PA, stop out and chat.

$12,700 for everything. Want an automatic instead?? $11,700 and I'll keep the "Manual Stuff" and you can simply pick up the automatic of your choice.

Pic's : I've got tons. I've got some Video as well. Pm or e-mail
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Re: 308 V8 Getrag Project - Possible Sale

Additional Pics
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Additional Pics 2

Additional Pics - 3

Tons more if anyone has any interest.