Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murci-Me Parts

Murci-Me Parts

Alot of people have asked me for some of the parts that I have been making (pod, instrumentation, bat wing motors, center console, door sills, paddle shifters, door cards, steering column housing, etc, etc).
    I dont mind selling any of the parts I make, in fact, if you ask around, most of the time I just GIVE them away, and even pay the postage myself.
    One thing I will not do, is sell to people who are trying to assemble parts to include in the kit packages they will be selling. Alot of time and money goes into making a part, and for somebody to buy one, just so they can splash it, is wrong.
    Merc sells his interior pieces already covered in leather to try to minimize this. I totally understand his reasoning.
    Most of my pieces do not require upholstery. The only way I can lessen the chance that the part will be moulded and copied, is to sell only to people who are building a car for themselves, and are not in the business, or trying to get in the business, of selling kits.
    I've been on this forum for almost 1 year. By reading the different posts on the various threads, its not hard to figure out who the personal builders are, and who the kit part sellers are. I dont know who everybody is, and eventually somebody is going to use my parts to make money for themselves. I can accept that, there is no way to stop it. By nature, thats what the kit car industry is all about,-replicating parts!
    I just wanted to write this so everybody knows where I stand. If you are building a car for yourself and need help (advice), or parts, I'll help you any way I can. If you are a known builder who wants parts to finish the package he's offering, dont even ask.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Re: Murci-Me Parts

BlackOps,
    PM me your shipping address......

MURCI-ME,, Hey whats going on?? I have sent multiple PM's & calls with no answer. :'( I would like to get an update if possible-Please

RUNDLC

The buck for the fuel rail cover is done. I just need to make the mould, but haven't had time to go buy more gelcoat. The place is closed on weekends, and closed by the time I get off work. I'll be able to get it next week, and resume work. Thank you for your patience! ;D

i am actually gathering some info to make a built...untill now, i still cant make confident on one..
    parts seeking in my country is a headache....misc parts like door hinges, locks, gas strut, rubber lining , glass and such...

i dun wan them as FREE from u...and i cant.....i will pay for it as i believe u dun print your dollar yourself at home...
    i cant affort a 9995pound beautiful extreme kit at the moment....i dare say i cant affort it....
    why extreme kit? cos its easy to be fit, donor car is MR2(we dun have fiero in my country :'(), it includes all the parts(which its hard to be find in my country) and its right hand drive...
    and the best part is, they r in separate panel which can be ship in a smaller crate which i can declare them as "fibre glass body kit samples"....
    its forbidden to bring in car/shell in my country.....unless my pocket is deep to pay for the ridiculous amount of tax..

i even tried to work around to look genuine interior...they cost me about 7K GBP for the interior trims...
    its a good deal....just that i cant afort them right now....
    but they r really drooling....

think u can help?

I would like to purchase murcie headlights and fiero-murcie seat conversion. please pm me price

That's one thing I don't understand. Why people go through all that work to build a replica and then turn around and sell it? In DuPont I see quite often a brand new Diablo with only 20 miles on it or no miles at all on it and there selling it? It makes me wonder, are these people not happy with there kits? If I had a real nice Murci or Diablo, I would keep it for at least five years if not for life! Even if the car wasn't up to spec or had flaws, I would put the money into it to make it perfect! To me, some one who can build a beautiful car like MM or Extreme or IKR, or who ever has got such talent! I wish I knew how to do this. I would build my self a dream car and have something to really be proud of. I have yet another crazy idea... Any builders want to come to Canada for a few months and build me a car?? lol... Sounds crazy but that's pretty much the only way I can think of getting one done right professionally.

Thanks I was just looking for an update, can you email me a pic of the buck? We want to make sure it's gonna fit. You have my email-THANKS

Did you say FREE????
    Sign me up... oor do I just get a free toy with my happy meal?

...or do I just need to say "Super Size" me? ;D

Murci Me you are definately a rare breed out there and we are all blessed to have access to your engineering skills.

Enjoy your weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk23
    That's one thing I don't understand. Why people go through all that work to build a replica and then turn around and sell it? In DuPont I see quite often a brand new Diablo with only 20 miles on it or no miles at all on it and there selling it? It makes me wonder, are these people not happy with there kits? If I had a real nice Murci or Diablo, I would keep it for at least five years if not for life! Even if the car wasn't up to spec or had flaws, I would put the money into it to make it perfect! To me, some one who can build a beautiful car like MM or Extreme or IKR, or who ever has got such talent! I wish I knew how to do this. I would build my self a dream car and have something to really be proud of. I have yet another crazy idea... Any builders want to come to Canada for a few months and build me a car?? lol... Sounds crazy but that's pretty much the only way I can think of getting one done right professionally.
    Hawk - There are a few very reputable builders here in Ont. who for obvious reasons stay low key. One of the best ever Countach replica's ever made and i'll go out on a limb here - possibly the best ever replica in terms of accuracy is almost completed and is being built in Ontario..So p.m. if you need something built and i'll put you in touch with the right people.

Cheers,
    Nick