Thread: 355 Kit for sale!

355 Kit for sale!

Now that I got your attention, i thought you'd all be interested in this:

Thank you for responding to my add on kitcar.com. regarding the 355 spyder kit for sale.
    As you read in the add, the kit includes 15 quality gray gel coated pieces.
    Phantom fiberglass (the company who produced theses parts), has been making fiberglass automotive parts for over 35 years. Unlike many of the other knockoff 355 kits (I,F.G., Just spiders, etc., et) this kit was retooled to make sure all parts fit and body lines were correct. Minimal sanding and body filler is required to prep the car for the paint booth. Body panels included in this kit are; Front clip, hood (inner and outer already bonded together) 2 headlight covers, 2 mirrors, 2 inner door skins, 2 outer door skins, rear clip, engine deck lid , 3 convertible top finishing pieces. Also included are 4 red tail lights, and front grill package.
    Common Questions
    what else do I need to finish the kit?
    First you will need a Pontiac Fiero. Any year, any engine will work. Since you don't need the Fiero body panels, it doesn't matter what it looks like on the outside. Under the skins they all basically look the same. This kit retains the Fiero Wind shield so there is no need for replacement glass You may want a Fiero with air, power windows, power mirrors, Some prefer the 6 cylinder over the 4 but the kit will fit on all of them. This kit requires a 3 inch stretch to the wheel base which consists of cutting the car behind the fire wall and welding it back together. It sounds harder than it is, but you will need some kind of welding skills or will have to hire a professional welder to do it for you. I use an inexpensive 120 volt wire feed welder and that handles the job just fine. Since this kit is a convertible, you will also need a X-frame under the car to stiffen the chassis this also will r! equire some welding and can be fabricated for under 50 bucks. Included in the kit is a diagram with measurements of how to make the X-frame and an assembly video that shows you how I stretched my cars. Also included with the kit is a list of venders for emblems, Fiero suspension upgrades (coil overs, wheel spacers) and anything else you ma need to make the car look more authentic.
    How much will it cost to build?
    It depends on what Fiero you use, What rims and tires you buy, and what paint job you go for. How much of the car can you do yourself? or do you have to hire a welder or somebody to do the body prep?
    I have built several of these cars for under $12000. and have sold them all for around $25000
    How long will it take me to build.
    Again it depends on you skills and persistence. Are you going to work on it for an hour a day or 8 hours a day? Is someone going to help you, or are you going to do it yourself. I have completed cars in less than two months, others have taken longer.
    How close to the original is this car?
    Close enough for Ferrari to shut down anyone who is making kits. I actually do freelance work for a Ferrari dealership, I have had many of my cars parked next to real ones.Other than a few minor discrepancies, most people assume its the real thing. Basically your a rock star any where you drive it.
    Where Do I get a top, Interior, and rims?
    I can supply all of this.
    I designed a simple manual top using existing Fiero window moldings and a small frame that works great and folds up nicely. And Yes, It keeps the rain out. I sell it in kit form for about $700
    I also designed an Interior that looks very much like the real car. It consists of 10 fiberglass pieces which can be covered in vinal or leather and uses the real Ferrari air ducts. It cost $1000 for the fiberglass pieces and is designed so you can use the Fiero gauges or VDO, which every you prefer.
    I search long and hard to find rims and tires that looked correct. They are 17 inch 5 star polished aluminum rims with Z rated tires. Brand new, mounted, balanced, and delivered to your door for $1500

That's it, download the pictures and check out the cars I have built. The cost of the kit is $4500 and can be shipped pretty much any where in the US for $300.
    The Crate is 80"X68"x26" and weighs 320lbs.
    If your Serious about this kit and need more info, email me at MrMr64@aol.com (Ari's Plug! - If you email him please tell him you found him On kitcar.ca , Ari's fiero kit car forum. Thanks!) or call my voice mail at 952-980-2618 and I will call you back as soon as I can. Thanks again for your interest. Robert

He emailed me images which I'll upload images in a few hours - I need to resize them so they'll fit properly.
    Ari

Re: 355 Kit for sale!

OH MY Thats looks SWEET....
    www.xvelocity.com

OOOOOHHH! (Drooling on self trying to figure out how to explain new car to wife)
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

I would like to know if the convertible kit will fit the fiero without the stretch. I called and left a message on Monday night on your voice mail and have heard nothing. Please let me know if this top will fit.
    matt
    flipper2@ameritech.net

Flipper - its not me whose selling the kit, i just found that ad and posted it for anyone who is interested.

is that in CDN$? and does it include the interior? or was the $1k price on top of the $4500?