Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guaging interest for a trade..1978 corvette.

Guaging interest for a trade..1978 corvette.

I have a matching numbers 1978 corvette, red/tan that runs great, 86k miles, brand new breaks, brand new performance shocks, brand new rear differential, no rust, new paint (in original color) interior could use some tlc but not that much...a redye at most. I'm looking for a turn key kit car. I'm located in NY and anywhere in the tristate area would be cool. has a clean title. also has new exhaust and tires.

Re: Guaging interest for a trade..1978 corvette.

picts

maybe a turn key for the C6 with Zo6 rims..

um.....no offence but maybe a turnkey Bradley GT or something. Nice diablo or Murci is $50k-$90k. A nice 355 replica is still 3 or 4 times the value of the Vette. You may find a not so nice 308 replica that would be a near trade? I'm not trying to offend you, just letting you know that nice turnkeys are a order of magnitude higher than the value of your Vette.

I'm not looking for anything really nice like a diablo or murci. I was more reffering to a low end 308 or testarossa which runs and drives and is in "fine" condition that could use a little work.

Keep that vette. depending on condition it is probably worth 6-10K and will only be going up. You will buy a pretty rough replica for that much that won't look near as cool and won't appreciate in value like your car. If you want something more modern looking, consider making it protouring. $1500 in wheels/tires and lowering will go a long way in changing the looks and you will still have an authentic piece of american history. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by swoodard23
    Keep that vette. depending on condition it is probably worth 6-10K and will only be going up. You will buy a pretty rough replica for that much that won't look near as cool and won't appreciate in value like your car. If you want something more modern looking, consider making it protouring. $1500 in wheels/tires and lowering will go a long way in changing the looks and you will still have an authentic piece of american history. JMO.
    I agree, your car will continue to appreciate as long as you keep it up and don't let it get in disrepair. It may not have some of the wow factor as an exotic but it is still a very nice car, fun to drive and will be more valuable over time. Keep it and save your money. Keep a watch out for a 308 replica or like that someone has give up on and buy it for a project/toy and have both. JMO

Please don't take offense to this Thrin... I was going to suggest contacting this guy.... but even HE managed to sell this for $14k. ??? ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repli...ayphotohosting

i sent you an email with what i have.

Quote Originally Posted by MURCenary
    Please don't take offense to this Thrin... I was going to suggest contacting this guy.... but even HE managed to sell this for $14k. ??? ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repli...ayphotohosting
    He sold it by the pound.

I like the vette. If you have some cash to put with it we might be able to do something interesting.

Dave

Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.