Thread: someone on ebay is trying to sell a reventon plug/mold

someone on ebay is trying to sell a reventon plug/mold

saw this on e bay. Thought it was strange to be a in progress type of sale. front right is not even with the left in the bumper area. ??? ??? ???
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

check out this so called replica
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

Re: someone on ebay is trying to sell a reventon plug/mold

the second one is hidious, but yet the quality is great. Would have loved to see what they could do with a newer accurate styled kit.

Quote Originally Posted by lowboost
    the second one is hidious, but yet the quality is great. Would have loved to see what they could do with a newer accurate styled kit.
    These are still on the market. They were designed to be easier to build, without some of the MAJOR fabrication and fitting required to build a more accurate car. PISA never claimed it was a replica of anything more like an inspired by kit. They are cheap and relatively easy to build. I have not built one but I know someone who has.

http://pisafierohq.com/

Just to clarify "plug/mold" To create anything in fibreglass, one needs to create the desired shape or object, once the desired object has taken shape to absolute perfection, this is called a plug. You then brush or spray tooling gel, followed by laying up glass & re-inforcements over the plug. This is called the mould. You then remove mould from plug, discard plug, Brush or spray gel coat into mould then lay up glass and presto, your desired object in fibreglass with a nice glossy finish. There is more to this but I have only gone over the basics so please, no one hit me with the "what about release agents or returns and trimming etc. Why anyone would want to buy this particular plug, I am at a total loss, unless one was prepared to use this one as a basic starting point to create a more perfect plug to which you could add your own tastes before laying up a mould. Incase one is highly "Ambitious" they could just lay heaps of glass over the plug and once cured, smash the plug out from the glass and use this as a starting point for your dream car, but wow! be prepared for months of profiling and sanding and also be aware that the body of your dream car will be larger than the shaped plug that you used, so fitting up will be a nightmare. Personally, I would be looking for an unffinished kit car that some one has lost interest in, but all the hard yards are all ready done. cheers from down under, Frank

reason I said plug/mold is because thats how it was mentioned in the title...........not in exact words though.

i cant believe that reventon POS so called mold/plug whatever sold! I should start building crap if it sells that easy!

talkin about your fixer upper ;D

:'(What a mess :'(

Quote Originally Posted by lowboost
    My friend built one of these, and really enjoyed it. Its one of the few kits a first timer can build in a few months. Its not a "replica" just more of a fun custom car with an Italian flare. Plus the kit was very good quality.

wow that thing is ugly, I should have sold one of my earlier enzo molds on there that I started making by hand but then trashed it for a cnc foam buck, maybe it would have sold