Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB fiero based kit/body

WTB fiero based kit/body

looking for something along the lines of a newer lambo or ferrari based kit.
    I will take damaged,unfinished or even molds as I have extensive fiberglass and bodywork background.
    Looking for something for the fiero based kit only as I have 4 donor cars wiating now!!
    I also rather it be in Canada or atleast North America for shipping costs

Thanks

Re: WTB fiero based kit/body

Alien;

I was about to put my 328 Ferrari molds for sale but thought I would post here as well.

I have a complete set of molds for the 328 Ferrari that fits on an unstretched Fiero. You can see the panels I pulled out of the molds last summer in the thread below. The only piece I do not have is the square rear section under the rear bumper that is normally painted balck and covers the exhaust area and the pipes come out of. I planned on building a buck once everything else was done and then pull a mold from the buck to make a piece. Did not look tricky from any of the photos I have seen of the rear section on real Ferraris.

http://www.madmechanics.com/general-...8-gto-project/

The panels you see in the photos in the thread were purposely made quite thin as I only needed the glass thick enough to hold its shape while I flared the fenders and cut and pasted everything back together into the proper length and flares etc. I also had a fellow make the panels for me as I did not have time so he used a chopper gun which did not get into all of the intricate areas very well. I was just oging to fix those areas myself or pull new panels if I still had the molds.

The molds themselves were made and used by Fiero Conversions out in Windsor, Ontario. He has since changed his name to Mike's Automtiove or something like that.

The molds were sold in 2005 to a fellow out in Vancouver who pulled one set of panels from them and then I bought them from him in 2006. I pulled one set of panels from them in the summer of 2007 and they have been in my back shed since. I figured it was time to sell them off as I really do not need them any more and they are taking up room.

The molds are in pretty decent shape and the panels that come from them don't need too much work to clean up from what I can tell on the panels I pulled. The molds have a few areas that are a bit rough, mostly edges, that can be fixed with a bit of prep and plastiseen(sp??) before putting in the gelcoat. One thing though is that the side louvers are pretty beat up. It will take a bit of plastiseen on these but there are also other builders that have better versions for sale in the Mall section here if you did not want to do the prep.

I'll take $3000.00 for them and can help by boxing them all up and getting them to a shipping company to send. I can send lots of pics of the molds and panels that were pulled from them if you are interested.

I live in Calgary Alberta.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by alien
    looking for something along the lines of a newer lambo or ferrari based kit.
    I will take damaged,unfinished or even molds as I have extensive fiberglass and bodywork background.
    Looking for something for the fiero based kit only as I have 4 donor cars wiating now!!
    I also rather it be in Canada or atleast North America for shipping costs

Thanks

I have 3 sets of molds.... 512TR spider (yellow car in link below), 355 spider(same windshield as yellow car) and 2nd generation(fixed headlights) Diablo Roadster.
    All of the molds are from cars that I built and then molded off. The two spider kits are designed for stretched fiero chasis and are the easiest and I think the straightest kits you'll find. The Diablo is very accurate... it was molded of the car built by Jim Dinner, which I did the reworking and body work on. If you're interested, I can be reached at 416 999-7332.

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...TRreplica1.jpg
    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p.../july90111.jpg
    thanks

Carlos

I always loved your yellow TR Carlos... And the white Countach.. And Jims Diablo.. And basicly all the cars you built or help build ;D

Thanks...miss those cars...but I just didn't have the time to drive them... not practical...my NSX I can drive everyday..not bad to look at either.

hi Alien,

Have you found a fiero base yet? if not I have an 88 GT 5 speed available that would be a great candidate for a conversion.... i'm located in Toronto Canada..

Joe

Hey Carlos.....which windshield did you use in your TR??
    I'm doing a custom bodied Fiero based car, and love the look of your windshield.
    Thanks for any info!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAFASTRO
    Hey Carlos.....which windshield did you use in your TR??
    I'm doing a custom bodied Fiero based car, and love the look of your windshield.
    Thanks for any info!!
    It's out of a Geo Storm...I made a conversion kit that fits onto the fiero opening, supports the Storm windhield and relocated the fiero wipers. The molds got stolen a while back, but I do have a set of parts that I could mold off. If you would like a set, I could get my glass guy to do it for $350 plus shipping. The windshield you can pick up for around $150. You could try and cut the winshield posts and tray out of a storm if you can find one that isn't rotted out, but it's a lot of work and you would still have to deal with the wipers.

Carlos:

What did you use for windshield wipers. I would like to use something a little cleaner that the Fiero stuff heavily modified.

Regards,

Dave

dave.newman@aceweb.com
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels
    Carlos:

What did you use for windshield wipers. I would like to use something a little cleaner that the Fiero stuff heavily modified.

Regards,

Dave

dave.newman@aceweb.com
    It's all fiero stuff, you have to weld in a support bar for the motor, the rest of the stuff bolts right in to the bottom support tray. I had posted this years ago and many thought it wasn't "authentic enough". I believe there was a group buy for Australian windshields at that time. They looked nice I guess, but I wonder about what you do when the darn thing breaks. I have never built a car without breaking at least a couple of windhields in the process. ;D This you can buy any time of day at any glass supplier.