Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We CAN make a difference...

We CAN make a difference...

I know this is a Forum for Replica's and the love of cars....

However... some people do want to take a STRONG stand for this great country...

We have time...the 2010 elections will be held on Tuesday 2 November, with at least 36 of the 100 seats in the Senate being contested and all U.S. House seats coming up for election.

Just to refresh our memories...Congressional elections are held every two years. There are elections for 1/3rd of the Senate (who sit for six years) and for all of the House of Representatives who all stand for re-election after two years. These are held mid-way (two years) through a president’s term in office and are called mid-term elections.

Mid-terms can be used as an indicator of what the electorate think about the president’s performance and "their results can be of critical importance to the incumbent president."... these may be the MOST IMPORTANT mid term elections in the history of this country... period!!

The current make-up of the U.S. "Senate" is 56 Democrats, 41 Republicans, and two Independents

If we as Americans start early and rally together now that we see how the BOZO's are really planning to run this country over a cliff... maybe... just maybe we can make a difference

The mid-term elections can put the president in a very difficult position. Does he support his party’s Congressmen who might suffer at the polls as a result of local issues ? If he does not, then the morale of the party as a whole might be negatively affected. If he does, then he might be associated with failure if his party’s candidates lose and this could seriously damage the president’s own prestige ... i.e. supporting a ‘loser’.

The president also faces another type of problem. If, as a Democrat president, he actively campaigns for his party and candidates and they lose, he will have to work with a Republican Congress and he will not be able to guarantee Congressional support for his policies which could make his last two years a ‘lame duck’ presidency and condemn his party to the political wilderness (woo hoo) for some years. This could be especially true if the mid-term campaigning had been negative and unpleasant.

Another complicating factor is that some of the president’s biggest critics with regards to presidential policies could be from his own party. Would he be keen to see them re-elected to boost party strength or would he prefer to see them lose their seat which could weaken his own position both in Congress and in the public perception of his political strength? Does the president campaign for those who have supported him and not for those who have been a thorn in his side ? What happens if he supports some candidates and those candidates do not win ?

The mid-terms present a president with a difficult balancing act. He can use the opportunity to try to rid his party of those who have not supported him but he could also see those he has supported lose and the consequences for him could be dire. 8)

Re: We CAN make a difference...

I'm all in on this one. I live in the South East (Tampa, Florida) please let me know how we can put together a grass roots effort as you outlined. What do you want me to do. I am having some bumper stickers made up for people with Obama Stickers. This on is to complement the existing sticker that states "There is no cure for STUPID!"
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I am missing church this morning due to taking pain meds for some dental surgery, otherwise, I would not be able to get in on this as quickly. There are tons and tons of grass roots efforts going on right now that I will try to build a list of. In addition, I read last night that the msm are losing journalist at a high rate due to blogs becoming so popular. Bloggin and tweeting is a good way to get the message spread quickly.

One of the things I saw last night as well was on a Glenn Beck clip. He is calling for individuals to become constitutional watchdogs in their area of interest. Bring them to his attention, and he will being it to the nation. This brings me to the biggest hurdle we are going to have.

THE MSM (main stream media) is not going to tell the truth, nor will they ever turn on the libs.....after all, they are libs. We will have to do this some other way. Maybe billboards????

Some rambling, but I'm in.

Mike

sooooo not glad to have a kit car forum cluttered up with politico discussion. i there an off topic forum this can be shoved into? theres so many other on topic forums for people who want to discuss this stuff ad nauseum.

uuuummmmm, this is in off topic. Vote conservative!

Quote Originally Posted by deftspyder
    sooooo not glad to have a kit car forum cluttered up with politico discussion. i there an off topic forum this can be shoved into? theres so many other on topic forums for people who want to discuss this stuff ad nauseum.
    IS this really off topic? Let me ask a question to the forum. While the kit car industry is small, how long do you think it will take to make it illegal to use parts from older cars to fix another car? How long will it take before they (gov) require that any car built adhere to their strict standards of "green"?

I see it like this. If it feels good, is fun, or productive, the gov is against it!

ahh, it came up on the front page. maybe theres a setting i can use so when i come to this kit car forum its just kit car topics i see then.

i say anyone that votes all liberal or all conservative arent using their brains. neither side is right 100% of the time. To say you will vote down a party line means you dont care if you vote wrong a % of the time. and if you think YOUR party is always right... ouch.

vote on each individual issue as it comes...party lines are retarded. extremists on both sides screw it up for the majority... which is in the center. the 3rd rate mind is only happy in the majority... the 2nd rate mind is only happy in the minority... and the 1st rate mind is only happy when its thinking.

the more thinking you do... the less extreme you'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by deftspyder
    For someone who doesn't want political talk on a car forum, you have alot to say! Instead of trying to ban a thread like this, just skip over it and go to another topic. I dont care for rap music, but you dont see me out protesting demanding it be taken off the air. I just dont tune into those stations that play it. I have a choice to listen to it or not, and its very easy for me to avoid it instead of trying to take it away from those who might enjoy it.
    Anyway, count me in also MURCenary. We've talked about this in the past, and you know where I stand
    Without talent experience is worthless

hehe, naw, i didnt want it banned, of course not. i figured as long as i was in the mess, i might give some insight...hope it wasnt unwelcome.

i just didnt realize that off topic discussions come up on the front page, thats my bad. im all about discussions. its just when ya go to see awesome builds, and get smacked with some politics... sometimes ya just want to get away from it ya know? ive got foix and cnn to listen to the angries

for instance... today at a vollyball tournament and my girl offred me some of her lunch... and i grabbed this big chunk off what i thought was a strip of chicken... and it was fish. not a bad taste... but when you're thinking chicken, looking forward to it... and you get fish.. your first instant response is... this chicken is bad.

lol.

its allll good