Thread: Happy Birthday America

Happy Birthday America

"No country upon earth ever had it more in its power to attain these blessings than United America. Wondrously strange, then, and much to be regretted indeed would it be, were we to neglect the means and to depart from the road which Providence has pointed us to so plainly"

- George Washington, June 29, 1788

Re: Happy Birthday America

My wife's Birthday is in the 4th of July. Her name is Meg. newmmeg@aceweb.com

BTW Get rid of the current administration if you want to go back to work!
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

AND NOW, A few words from our sponsors....

Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism. ~George Washington

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. ~George Washington

It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
    ~George Washington

The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments. ~George Washington

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves. ~George Washington

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.~Thomas Jefferson

I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.
    ~ Woodrow Wilson speaking of the Federal Reserve

I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty.
    ~Thomas Jefferson, letter to Count Diodati, 1807

Liberty has never come from Government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it. ~Woodrow Wilson

The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy. ~Woodrow Wilson

Each generation should be made to bear the burden of its own wars, instead of carrying them on, at the expense of other generations. ~James Madison

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ~James Madison

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. ~James Madison

No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.
    ~James Madison

How far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without? ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains.
    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Wow...Nothing like an "I told you so" from our founding fathers and previous presidents. :'(
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ferrari
    meh, several guys before him already weakened it, so that's not that big a trick. I liked his "watch me make posterities wealth, hopes, and dreams disappear" trick. It was there, big and strong, then WHOOSH! Gone in an instant with just the wave of his magic pen.