Thread: John Watson Lamborghini AD-LP640

John Watson Lamborghini AD-LP640

Hey everyone. I've been a long time guest here and decides to register. Lately I've been tryin to get information on the John Watson LP640 murcielago. I heard this kit is OEM quality and surpasses the extreme murcie. Can anyone show me photos of John watsons LP640 replica because I can't find any . And is he still in business and can I use a chassis instead of a crappy donor car. Also can the car handle an Audi V10-W12 or a Ryan falconer V12? Thanks in advance everyone. ???

Re: John Watson Lamborghini AD-LP640

You can use what ever chassis you want. Since the engine is dependent of the chassis, then you "should" be able to us any of those engines. If you are looking at those engines, then I can assume you are working on a $60-90k project. With that budget, you should fly down and meet John. You are going to get a lot of different responses from this post, but there is nothing like meeting face to face and seeing the product first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    You can use what ever chassis you want. Since the engine is dependent of the chassis, then you "should" be able to us any of those engines. If you are looking at those engines, then I can assume you are working on a $60-90k project. With that budget, you should fly down and meet John. You are going to get a lot of different responses from this post, but there is nothing like meeting face to face and seeing the product first hand.
    I've just been hearing so much and I am really curious to see what it looks like before I even think of starting my build. Also I wonder of mr watsons replica has the working bat wing air scoops just like the extreme sports cars replica. also the LP640 website seems to be down.

I don't think John is making kits or panels anymore.
    Last few times I talked with him he kept telling me he was just about out of the business. He said he never made any real money at it, just did it as a hobby and for fun. He's still got some obligations for parts out there, me included, but I think he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambofan17
    Hey everyone. I've been a long time guest here and decides to register. Lately I've been tryin to get information on the John Watson LP640 murcielago. I heard this kit is OEM quality and surpasses the extreme murcie. Can anyone show me photos of John watsons LP640 replica because I can't find any . And is he still in business and can I use a chassis instead of a crappy donor car. Also can the car handle an Audi V10-W12 or a Ryan falconer V12? Thanks in advance everyone. ???
    As far as engine choices go the Audi's are great but$$$$ you will have to get past the ECM and it is a real mare, but it has been done. If you are serious about that I can dig up some info for you. The Falconer 12 wont work it is probably one of the LONGEST engines you will come across at nearly 37"

try cliffscustom

spoke with john this evening, he trying to finish up a few orders that he has left, after that who knows. he says he wont but, well cars and building them is like a bad drug you just cant stop.. if you want his number pm me and ill forward it to you. he is on the pricey side but at the same time, what is your time worth. you can have a ton of body work that could take months to do or you can get a body like his that is nice and striaght and will require very little work.

well i cant get into a discussion on price. i know what i paid for mine and i know what others have paid for thiers, i guess it depends on how serious you are as to how willing he is to negotiate the price.

John will build you a great kit. He made me a 355 Ferrari Spider that was flawless. Look at my build thread to tell.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.