Thread: Starter change at Goodyear for 02 Toyota corolla is 450.00?

Starter change at Goodyear for 02 Toyota corolla is 450.00?

Today I went to ask Goodyear for just the starter and labor to change my starter which is going bad. They said just the part and labor nothing else extra is 450.00. Lol I left and bought the part for 120.00 tax included and got a guy to do it for 60.00. But wow what a difference. I ask for the break down he said 250.00 for the starter and the rest of the remaining 200.00 is for labor.

Re: Starter change at Goodyear for 02 Toyota corolla is 450.00?

A few years ago a shop tried charging me $450 for new spark plugs...

Dodge quoted $1300 in labor to change out the lower A-arms on my Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by sactodreamer

I think the old rams lower a arms had riveted ball joints so the parts would be pretty expensive I would think. If it needed ball joints, then that would take forever. They would have to cut the rivets and then bolt the new ball joint in there. As for a starter. I think the Cadillac northstar, not totally sure I do know it is a Cadillac motor, has the starter mounted in between the heads on the top of the motor, to change it u have to pull the intake manifold. How's that for a car girl ;D

Quote Originally Posted by lambochik
    Quote Originally Posted by sactodreamer

I think the old rams lower a arms had riveted ball joints so the parts would be pretty expensive I would think. If it needed ball joints, then that would take forever. They would have to cut the rivets and then bolt the new ball joint in there. As for a starter. I think the Cadillac northstar, not totally sure I do know it is a Cadillac motor, has the starter mounted in between the heads on the top of the motor, to change it u have to pull the intake manifold. How's that for a car girl ;D
    HAHAHA

GREAT for a girl! My Ram is a 2006, it just suprised me because MY labor time might add up that high but they have the specialty tools and a lift. They did want $650 to replace the part under the dash that changes your HVAC from fresh to recirculate ($35 part) but the dash had to come completely out on that one. Did that one myself.

The Toyota V8 is the same with the starter under the intake manifold. My GS400 needed a starter and after I bought a new starter I got under the car and couldn't find it anywhere. A quik internet search told me it wasn't going to be a simple change out. I sold the car with the new starter in the trunk. ;D

A shop once asked me $1200 parts and labor for a brake master cylinder job. Wound up gettin the part for free.. friend owns a salvage yard. Actually, his delivery guy wasn't workin that day, so I delivered a part for him.. Cost me 2 bucks in gas. And my bro put it in for free.
    Total cost.. 2 bucks.. and as we ALL know, nuttin's 4 free.. I'm still awaiting my brother's return favor.. You never know 'could be expensive..