Thread: Do you have this problem.??

Do you have this problem.??

So my van has been needing a water pump replacement for a month now and I still havent done it. But the second my dads car acts up I went and spent $600 on parts and

Rebuilt the a/c
    Vacuumed lines
    Added Freon
    Rebuilt distributor
    Replaced brake master cylinder
    rotate tires
    replaced calipers and rotors
    replaced plugs and wires
    replaced pcv valve
    bleed brakes
    replaced windshield wipers

It felt good to do but I just hate to do anything on a car that is mine. WHY????????

Re: Do you have this problem.??

I hear you on that, one thing that might be part of the reason... It isn't nearly as fun to work on a car alone as it is when you have someone to "help" even if that help is "grab that wrench... no, damnit the 3/4" lol. That's one thing that Ghost taught me, 2 people can get 5x the work done, and have 10000x the motivation. Generally, when working on someone elses car they will hang around or, maybe, your more motivated because they'll be grateful.

I have a solution for you, come to Austin and work my my vendetta, then you dont have to worry about your car lol

I actually did work on his car alone. I think i just really hate to let people down

Just human nature I think.
    It's always the mechanics car that runs like @%#, and the roofer's house that is missing a few shingles! LOL!!!
    I've been an artist for decades and still haven't painted a picture for the living room the wife has been asking for since 1999.

I had a new house built and needed to paint the inside.. took me 3 years before I started on it, yet my now ex-wife's parents had 2 house and I repainted them for nothing as soon as they asked.

The ex was always complaining I could paint her parents homes as soon as asked, but could not paint ours after 3 years.

I believe the term goes to the effect of: "The shoemakers children run barefoot..."

we always feel there will be time for us later, but right now i have to get this other thing done for someone else...

Hey it's your Dad! Whom else in the world got you to be the man you are. Why wouldn't he be one of the first people you would help out and ignore you own needs or wants! Kudos to you!!!