Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's everyones "other" hobby?

So what's everyones "other" hobby?

Aside from working on the cars whats everyones other passion? Most people think i'm a die hard car guy but the truth is I have just one other passion that tops that. This is what I'm most famous for besides cars.

This one happened near my house actually

Re: So what's everyones "other" hobby?

My heart is my family and my passion is learning. I want to know as much as possible so I can build stuff.

Cool photos. I am surprised you haven't gotten into the HD cameras mounted to an RC plane for taking pictures of tornadoes yet.

My other hobby is offshore fishing. I have been a licensed Charter captain for 36 years now. I love fishing in the Wahoo championships in the Bahamas High speed trolling for Wahoo. I also enjoy yellow fin tuna trips and Sailfish and marlin. I sold my 46ft Hatteras sportfish 4 years ago and have been fishing a friends 33ft blackfin.My next big purchase will be for another sportfish in the 46 to 60 ft range.

I would like to say that I have other hobbies vs building cars.... but I really don't. lol

I grew up working on cars. (literally! I was helping my dad tear down engines at age 7. At age 11, I was rebuilding engines and doing body work with him) I am somewhat new to the replica building community. (when I was a kid my dad and I built a few replicas and kit cars.) Although I grew up on big block Chevy engines I fell in love with imports, (Honda, Nissan, Toyota) which is why I plan to use the MR2 for my Murcy build over the Fiero. A couple of years ago my friend Tom taught me more about Autobody repair, prep, paint and finishing. I plan to use this knowledge in completing my build.

I do plan to take courses either though my local community college or an automotive institute such as uti or AAI(that I graduated from) to learn and perfect the art of welding. 8)

Aside from that, I play Heavy metal music in a band and like to cook and BBQ!

Quote Originally Posted by holycow
    My other hobby is offshore fishing. I have been a licensed Charter captain for 36 years now. I love fishing in the Wahoo championships in the Bahamas High speed trolling for Wahoo. I also enjoy yellow fin tuna trips and Sailfish and marlin. I sold my 46ft Hatteras sportfish 4 years ago and have been fishing a friends 33ft blackfin.My next big purchase will be for another sportfish in the 46 to 60 ft range.
    I've found that fishing is very relaxing. This happens to be a big hobby for my wife and mother in law. I would love to go shark fishing or even go fishing for sword fish or Tuna!

I don't get to do it as much as I used to, but I really enjoy building planes and flying. Had a couple kids a few years ago and as I'm sure as many of you know, major time eaters!

Pics of my current ride.

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I work in Forumla 1, so don't have enough time to build my K1 attack, let alone any other hobbies !!!! :-) ;D

Quote Originally Posted by attackbuilder
    I work in Forumla 1, so don't have enough time to build my K1 attack, let alone any other hobbies !!!! :-) ;D
    you actiually work in f1, dude you are my hero.
    since i was 5 ( im 16 now ) its been my dream to reach f1 as a mechanic.
    im working at a kart track for 4 years now as a mechanic, and i just started a car mechanic education. i wanna reach f1 really really bad!

Hi everyone

Some top jobs and hobbies there.good to see that us car builders are also fanatical about other stuff.

My other hobbies or should I say was lol I raced motocross for 15 years all round country and all differant models and engine sizes.after 9 operations on various body parts Ie broken arm and wrist ( now plated ) 5 knee ops and reconstructions.2 broken collarbones.broken ribs.broken ankle and various cuts and bruises.

Only retired 5 years ago to concentrate on my bodyshop business and still try get to gym and I am looking at doing a sponsored motocross race for the over 35s raise some money for charity,gotta get fit in the next 12 months.

My Job is my other hobby (I do enjoy it), I am an EMS Helicopter Pilot. I do enjoy flying Helicopters.

Grant