Thread: As if I need another project!

As if I need another project!

Well, the family is down sizing the fleet to get rid of a car payment. With that said I needed an inexpensive transportation machine. Here is what I found.

The truck had been sitting for 11 years but I picked it up for $600. I lucked out finding a set of wheels and tires for $150. Here it is cleaned up with the new pair of shoes.

It was originally a USAF truck and still has the original Nomenclature plate:

I rebuilt the carb and it runs at idle but I still need to do a little of work to get it on the move. The bed was covered by a piece of plywood which of course revealed a rotted wooden bed beneath. This is after I removed most of the old wood.

With the seat back in and cleaned up a little.

This will get more improvements over time but for now it is just a daily driver to get me around once we sell our van. Anyone interested in a 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Limited van. ;D Selling it will fund more improvements to the truck. ;D

Re: As if I need another project!

These are great projects! Last year, before I did my Diablo Roadster I did a frame off on a 1968 GMC swb. It was in considerable better condition than what yours looks like but it did require massive rust repair. I ended up putting a fuel injected vortec 454 with a 4l80e in it along with alot of custom work to it. I tell everybody I like to drive the truck more than the Diablo better cause I can drive it like I stole it and not worry about nothing. Good luck with your project!

Check out this forum- http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3 there is alot of great members there.....

~Tony

Great project I love the old trucks as well..I have a 37 GMC Stake Bed & a 41Plymouth Sedan Delivery, 2 great magazines to pick up are Custom Classic Trucks & Classic Trucks they are a great source of ideas and info. Also pick up a Hemmings Motor News that should give you everything you need except some $$$ and some trips to Pick A Part...good luck

Tony,

Yeah found that one thanks. ;D Here is my build thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=483462&page=1

rubbermtd,

Thanks for the info. I wish they COULD help me with the $$$ part.