Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MASS BANNED MEMBERS!

MASS BANNED MEMBERS!

There has been a major recent spike in Banned members lately and I personally have not banned anyone other than 1 member in the last few months. If you have recently noticed your profile active after a recent ban.

I believe It is a security breach or hack outlining another "Site" let me know, there is a huge pattern here.

My gut instincts tells me it was a coward that was previously banned and hid behind an "anonymous" name when they emailed me to question the ban. Kind of interesting how an "admin" remains an "Anonymous" admin at the site redirected to for those that were banned.

But yet bragged how young he is, hiding behind proxy servers etc... with somehow more intelligence than a grape, with an ability to contact all the other members here..... That particular site has 362 Posts in 83 Topics by 53 Members yet an admin with a post count of 1046??? Guess he really needed an ego boost to make himself a "Hero Member" Even more shocking is Jdinner with a 500 post count? I always thought he is a class act on the up and up?

makes you wonder, the company we keep sometimes...

The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Re: MASS BANNED MEMBERS!

The Boss (Powerhouse),

I'm not getting you. Was the ban a mistake? I got a text from a member who I think he is a standup guy and he said he was banned among many members. I dont remember any recent fights on here to result in a mass ban. Is the ban a hacker in the site?
    Last edited by The Boss; 10-30-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Quote Originally Posted by madmods
    Powerhouse,

I'm not getting you. Was the ban a mistake? I got a text from a member who I think he is a standup guy and he said he was banned among many members. I don't remember any recent fights on here to result in a mass ban. Is the ban a hacker in the site?
    I believe it is hacker related. there were 14 bans handed out OCT 26th. and ALL of them had a redirect to the "other site" why would Ari or anyone else for that matter, ban longstanding members with a redirect to a site where the Admin of that site wont reveal who he is?

Feel free to have your friend email me at powerhouseMM@yahoo.ca, i can look into it.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Quote Originally Posted by Powerhouse
    Even more shocking is Jdinner with a 500 post count? I always thought he is a class act on the up and up?

makes you wonder, the company we keep sometimes...
    Just to be clear, I was the first person to join that site and I was made a moderator then given 500 posts. If you look at my profile you will see my actual count. I have made accounts at every new kit car/replica site that comes along. I have no beefs with anybody.

i already thought it wasn't real it just didnt make any sense, i can understand that the site is full and that noone could post no more, but not even visit as a guest, just didnt make any sense, anyway i logged in on the other site, mad at madmechanics, and offered myself as a admin. i dont like at all what he was doing and the way he was doing it, but i have to say, some things he said did make sense. anyways, i hope we can all forget about this, and continue the community / family we have here since its really important to me and alot other members. thanks for clearing things up and handling everything as fast as you did admins, i know that not everything you do is ''right'' or what everybody wants, but its all in good favour of the site, and the way you guys are running it is great!

Thanks for the clarification. I was dumbfounded at first as well since I did nothing to merit a ban.

Anyway, things got suspicious when I asked what happened, since his site was advertised on madmechanics. he claimed not to know his site was listed in below the "ban text".... very fishy....

... then I told him he needed to secure the site, he claims he has no idea about computers and servers. But lastly, when I asked him again what exactly happened, he couldn't answer it.... OH and I noticed that extreme and dna forums went down as well. so figured it's SMF security breach.

...glad the issue has been fixed.
    Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.

Dan:

I have been on this site since the beginning and it is a shame to be hacked. I have not banned any person on this site with the exception of DKOV who is a crook'

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Who's ADMIN on the other site??? He told me he didn't do that hacking or breaching as he didn't even know how to do a simple php redirect.... anyway, something's fishy as why his site would be advertised to banned members....
    Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.

Well Crud -- I was not banned and not re-directed :'(

Now I feel so left out ...
    goes back to changing his vehicle's oil to winter blend.
    Last edited by FunnyWheels; 11-02-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bangsters
    Who's ADMIN on the other site??? He told me he didn't do that hacking or breaching as he didn't even know how to do a simple php redirect.... anyway, something's fishy as why his site would be advertised to banned members....
    They've gone out of their way to hide who they are, including paying extra money to keep their whois public. Luckily we have records proving they've at minimum spammed on this site, meaning we can retrieve their contact information from the private whois provider.