Thread: Spam

Spam

Out of ten posts, three were spam selling electronics, three were by an obvious scammer. Four were actually on topic and informative. The forum is going off the track. I can ignore them, but it shouldn't be happening.

Unhappy

As I type this, the 'new posts' page is at 2 pages long, with 35 posts. Out of those 35 posts, 12 of them are spam. I mentioned in another topic that I've been reporting spam left, right and centre for a while now, but to be honest, I give up. Although, if someone was to make me a moderator (hint, hint), I'd gladly delete the spam as and when it shows up and delete the accounts of those that post it. It seems like the moderators aren't around much, so the spam remains.

Apart from that, this is one of the best kit car/replica forums I've come across in the last few years.

Chris

Administrator
    Hey Guys
    We're trying to deal with the spam issue as we speak - the issue is many of these spam posts are actually being made by real people and not machines, and therefore they are able to get around most SPAM filters. We may just end up blocking a few specific countries all together to deal with the problem - should be dealt with soon!

Maybe some kind of word filter plugin is available to block posts with spam... words like "blackberry"

Administrator
    Such a plugin is actually already installed on the site ! If you use a number of common spam related words in your first few posts they automatically get moderated

Aren't these all new users posting spam?

Just ban all new registrations unless they personally email you with details about their interest in kit cars

Their English is so bad you'll be able to weed out the foreign spammers

Also you could ban all zero post older members