Thread: Motorcyclists in the UK

Question Motorcyclists in the UK

Hi folks.

I have a friend here in the UK that recently got a motorcycle licence who decided to take his test on an automatic bike and is now restricted to bikes with automatic transmissions, aka, automatic licence. He went on an automatic bike because he doesn't like manuals where you have to pull on a clutch lever to shift but doesn't mind clutchless manuals. He's had a look around and has found these auto clutches you can get, from Rekluse and EFM that allows for clutchless starts, shifts and stops. What he'd like to do is, install one on an manual bike and remove the clutch lever and cable and then get the bike registered as an automatic. Does anyone know if you can do that? I think he's one of these people who feels that clutches are antiquated technology and would rather ride without one.

Can anyone find some information regarding this?

Thanks.

Chris

he should get s scooter and call it a day.

Many people keep telling that, but he finds it unhelpful and I don't blame him, even though I've said to him to consider getting a maxi scooter, which is still pretty cool. There are quite a few really good bikes out there for people restricted to automatics, such as the Honda DN-01 and the Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive. I think he really wants to get a cruiser, like a Harley Davidson or something. The only options when it comes to cruisers would be either a Ridley Automatic Motorcycle or a Boss Hoss. Personally, if it was me, I'd go for the Boss Hoss and smoke 'em tires in front of some Harley riders.

Chris