Thread: Porsche Panamera from Grand Prix GTP

Porsche Panamera from Grand Prix GTP

Hello

I am looking to turn a 2008 Grandprix into a porsche panamera I have a front clip and lights from a panamera and I would be able to get the rear oem hatch off of ebay. I would be able to build around the trunk with a fiberglass buckmold in 3dS. Can any one think of any hatchback or fastback cars that would make a better donor ?? I am thinking a fast back audi or a infiniti m56

Thanks

2010 Kia optima's can be found for as low as $14000

Its best to have a CNC machine carve it out so that you can fit the design over the donor like a glove, but not re-size the lights.

Panamera is a big big car

Using a smaller car like a Kia won't look right.

Interesting idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by sactodreamer View Post
    Interesting idea.
    interesting indeed

I guess the great benefit in doing the Pontiac conversion is that you only have to make front and rear panels perfectly inline with the rest of the body and it will look like a Porsche.

yea the kia looks close

It looks close but look at wheel base on wikipedia and length ill put pictures up when I get it started this winter I am gona for the most part use oem parts and spray foam and fiberglass the rest .

Wheel base is about half a foot difference. Isn't that going to be noticeable?

The problem area appears behind the front wheel - there's much more space on the Porsche front fender than the Pontiac
    The Pontiac looks to have only 3-4 inches of fender behind the front wheel , the Porsche is much thicker and has the large fender vent

I don't know how you'll be able to cut down the own Porsche fender in this area as it will entail shortening the hood etc ...it's not going to just drop right on the front otherwise the Porsche fender would cover part of the front wheel !!

It might be better to use your Porsche front clip to make a fiberglass front , then you can shorten the fiberglass front fenders and hood rather than try to cut the Porsche pieces