Thread: going to school for M.E.T. Cad/Cam should I??

going to school for M.E.T. Cad/Cam should I??

Okay I am 18 I just graduated a few months back from high school and I have no Idea what I want to goto school for but I do want to make some good money and I am good With computers and I don't find using tools that much of a hassle. Has anyone taken this course? it say's that math grade 12 is required why is that :s? I do not have that grade of math. I am posting this because I see a lot of people in these forums with lots of experience with cad and Cnc's and stuff and this program has this all and it says people make a good amount so are there any people on this site that have taken the course and got a good paying job or anything? would it be worth taking? would it help towards my kit car I want to build? it is $6,000 canadian for the course as I just graduated I will need a loan.. Anyone Have any jobs that are good paying and are kind of similar to point out?
    Last edited by Quinkers; 10-08-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Quinkers View Post
    Okay I am 18 I just graduated a few months back from high school and I have no Idea what I want to goto school for but I do want to make some good money and I am good With computers and I don't find using tools that much of a hassle. Has anyone token this course? it say's that math grade 12 is required why is that :s? I do not have that grade of math. I am posting this because I see a lot of people in these forums with lots of experience with cad and Cnc's and stuff and this program has this all and it says people make a good amount so are there any people on this site that have token the course and got a good paying job or anything? would it be worth taking? would it help towards my kit car I want to build? it is $6,000 canadian for the course as I just graduated I will need a loan.. Anyone Have any jobs that are good paying and are kind of similar to point out?
    Taken* not token.

Quote Originally Posted by Polivio View Post
    Taken* not token.
    thanks for that I am real tired considering Thanks giving!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinkers View Post
    Okay I am 18 I just graduated a few months back from high school and I have no Idea what I want to goto school for but I do want to make some good money and I am good With computers and I don't find using tools that much of a hassle. Has anyone taken this course? it say's that math grade 12 is required why is that :s? I do not have that grade of math. I am posting this because I see a lot of people in these forums with lots of experience with cad and Cnc's and stuff and this program has this all and it says people make a good amount so are there any people on this site that have taken the course and got a good paying job or anything? would it be worth taking? would it help towards my kit car I want to build? it is $6,000 canadian for the course as I just graduated I will need a loan.. Anyone Have any jobs that are good paying and are kind of similar to point out?
    Quinkers, here is the deal. I am not saying don't go to the school, but regardless how much schooling you take, in this industry, they are going to want you to have experience. The very first thing you need to do is to decide absolutely what you want to do, develop a plan and get started. Wish I could be of better service, but I just know about the experience thing.

Mike